The Student Room Group

What should i do?

I am studying CS but i didn't do well in my Second year resits (I didn't pass one module) and so I decided to move back to London and look for universities to repeat my second year in. All universities require 2:1 which i didn't get and there was some universities which allowed me regardless of first year results but since my first year modules aren't the same as their ones I wasn't allowed to repeat second year there.

Also I was enrolled in the 4 year program so i assume i get 5 years of funding from SFE. will i be able to start again from first year? or should i look into HND and go into work ?

For the record I had a 2:2 first year and i am still interested in CS just had some problems in second year which i am getting help for now.Also classes are going to start soon so i have to come up with something ASAP.

Any advice would be great, i know there has to be someone who has been in the same situation. I can't give up since i have passion for CS it was just personal problems that brought me down.
Original post by Anonymous
I am studying CS but i didn't do well in my Second year resits (I didn't pass one module) and so I decided to move back to London and look for universities to repeat my second year in. All universities require 2:1 which i didn't get and there was some universities which allowed me regardless of first year results but since my first year modules aren't the same as their ones I wasn't allowed to repeat second year there.

Also I was enrolled in the 4 year program so i assume i get 5 years of funding from SFE. will i be able to start again from first year? or should i look into HND and go into work ?

For the record I had a 2:2 first year and i am still interested in CS just had some problems in second year which i am getting help for now.Also classes are going to start soon so i have to come up with something ASAP.

Any advice would be great, i know there has to be someone who has been in the same situation. I can't give up since i have passion for CS it was just personal problems that brought me down.

You mentioned that you didn't do well in 2nd year - was there any opportunity at your uni for you to redo second year? Trying to transfer uni into second year can be a little difficult as if you don't meet their entry requirements or you didn't take any prerequisite modules that you would have completed in their 1st year they won't let you transfer. Are you considering reapplying for CS courses and starting from 1st year again?
Reply 2
Original post by cheesecakelove
You mentioned that you didn't do well in 2nd year - was there any opportunity at your uni for you to redo second year? Trying to transfer uni into second year can be a little difficult as if you don't meet their entry requirements or you didn't take any prerequisite modules that you would have completed in their 1st year they won't let you transfer. Are you considering reapplying for CS courses and starting from 1st year again?

My university doesn't allow resits of the whole year. We can only resit exams for modules.. as of now i have withdrawn from that university and my only hope is to take a HND or apprenticeship degree.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending