The Student Room Group

I need to vent out

When I’m at home I’m fine. When I’m at school, I’m not. I am struggling with school and my subjects. I hate the fact that I come into my lessons all moody because it wasn’t like year 12. At the beginning of year 12 I was dumb, I’m not even joking. I realised if I didn’t pick up my pace I will fail. I would do my HW, come into school on time and read ahead of class. I had knowledge inside my head. I didn’t do ANYTHING! During my summer holiday. Which I regret, because I am now suffering. I come into my lessons really tired and not focused. I hate it when teachers ask me questions because I look dumb and I find it annoying that I don’t have my year 12 teachers and that I am having to start over with the way I worked. At least, with my previous teacher they would know how I worked. But new ones don’t. I hate going into one of my subjects and having a certain group talk all the time, it really pisses me off because I just feel as if they are talking about me. I’m tired of myself. They way people treat me. In a way it’s my fault. I hate the fact that my grades are going down and that other people are more successful than me. That they will have a secure future and I won’t. That I’m struggling and their not. I’m jealous and struggling. I’ve worked so hard in year 12, that I can’t slack in year 13. I haven’t put so much effort and hard work only to, go down again. I can’t do this to myself. I don’t want to ruin myself and all my efforts. I’m so tired of everything. I don’t like school, I don’t want to go to school.
I think you need an improved ventilation system
Reply 2
Year 13 has just started, and you still have a while until exams. It is hard a first, but the course is a year long for a reason, it takes a year to learn everything you need to in order to get good grades. So I say persevere, and keep on top of your work, and soon you will understand what's going on in class, and your marks will improve, and you'll feel more confident. I remember when I first started year 13 I did not understand anything, in January mocks I got all Es and Ds, but I persevered, and when it was crunch time I got my As and Bs and got to my first choice uni. It's always possible to turn your grades around last-minute - TSR pays homage to that oh so often, but if you start now you won't have to do that either. So relax a bit, and just try.
Original post by Nmys
Year 13 has just started, and you still have a while until exams. It is hard a first, but the course is a year long for a reason, it takes a year to learn everything you need to in order to get good grades. So I say persevere, and keep on top of your work, and soon you will understand what's going on in class, and your marks will improve, and you'll feel more confident. I remember when I first started year 13 I did not understand anything, in January mocks I got all Es and Ds, but I persevered, and when it was crunch time I got my As and Bs and got to my first choice uni. It's always possible to turn your grades around last-minute - TSR pays homage to that oh so often, but if you start now you won't have to do that either. So relax a bit, and just try.

Thank you, it’s just so hard for me to adapt again.
Reply 4
Original post by TheAlchemistress

I know, long summers are hard - if you go to uni it gets even more difficult with 4 month breaks - but you'll eventually get back into the swing of things, just keep swimming.
Original post by Nmys
I know, long summers are hard - if you go to uni it gets even more difficult with 4 month breaks - but you'll eventually get back into the swing of things, just keep swimming.

Im just letting myself down to be honest and it’s a pain to see it go that way.
Reply 6
Im just letting myself down to be honest and it’s a pain to see it go that way.

Why are you letting yourself down? You worked hard during year 12 and did well, which is great. Now you just have to do the same again, it is well within your capacity to succeed as you already have once. And as I've said, the year has just started, it always takes a little while to find your feet. There's no need to rush, just keep going and you'll get there eventually, as you have done before. And don't compare yourself to others, because everyone has different goals and circumstances, just do the best you can.
Original post by RichPiana
I think you need an improved ventilation system

or an inhaler that always helps me when I'm out of breath

I feel you I had my UCKAT it took up to 3 weeks this september to prep I got predicted 3 B's so i did revise my bio and chem during the summer.. however now im so caught up in revision writing notes Instead I am procrastinating and its stressing me out to.. make a plan if its revision you need to do then make a timetable, study or read ahead in your frees or speak to you subject teacher
Original post by kekedoyouloveme?
or an inhaler that always helps me when I'm out of breath

That’s true. Always handy to keep an inhaler :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending