The Student Room Group

I'm scared about using my flat kitchen in halls

Anyone else?

I'm a guy btw.
Reply 1
Using your kitchen is your right. If you feel anxious about meeting someone in there don't be. Who are they to judge you ? Just go about your day and try not let social anxiety change anything, if it does then try , try and try again. You will feel more comfortable the more times you do it.
I've hesitated going to the kitchen for some time now. I just feel like I would embarrass myself. I just find it so awkward doing my business when someone's watching me :frown:
Reply 3
Cook something simple first and build you way up. Work out when the kitchen would be the quietest and have a go then.
One thing that I remind myself is that people think about you less than you imagine that they would. If you think about it, you'll find that you remember far more embarrassing situations about yourself than embarrassing situations of others. Other people won't remember your embarrassing moments. You will also find that people will never call out on anything embarrassing in a nasty way. If they do, then that's their problem for being a p***k, not yours. I've found that by remembering the above points, it has allowed me to put myself out there a bit more and to become less concerned about what other people think of me.
All the best!
I haven't met any of my flat mates yet. So this will be my first encounter...

I don't know how to explain it but I kinda freeze and just act/look awkward. I have no personality and I look sh**.
Original post by socialanxiety?
I've hesitated going to the kitchen for some time now. I just feel like I would embarrass myself. I just find it so awkward doing my business when someone's watching me :frown:

And please don't 'do your business' in the shared kitchen. Wrong room.
Original post by Reality Check
And please don't 'do your business' in the shared kitchen. Wrong room.

you're so funnnyyy ha ha ha
Original post by socialanxiety?
I haven't met any of my flat mates yet. So this will be my first encounter...

I don't know how to explain it but I kinda freeze and just act/look awkward. I have no personality and I look sh**.

Go meet them!
Introduce yourself, say Hey I'm x and then just do what you want then

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending