The Student Room Group

Law joint degree?

Hi, I'm applying to Law this year (2019 entry) and was wondering whether doing Law with another subject is a good idea? I'm especially interested in pursuing psychology.

I'm asking because I know that Law itself is a heavy workload and I wonder whether a joint degree is worth it (also in terms of being a potential asset to future job applications)?

Current students and those applying - please share your thoughts :smile:
My friend did law + business, if you feel you can handle both and can excel then sure, I see why not!

You just need to be balance out study commitments for both. I personally didnt do it because i had bad time management so i knew at the outset that one of the subjects will gake a huge dip.

My friend said, if he did one subject he would have gotten a first. But again the way i see it, you need to really have good time management and make sure you dont muddle up writing styles for both courses when it comes to assignments.
Reply 2
Original post by DarkChaoz95
My friend did law + business, if you feel you can handle both and can excel then sure, I see why not!

You just need to be balance out study commitments for both. I personally didnt do it because i had bad time management so i knew at the outset that one of the subjects will gake a huge dip.

My friend said, if he did one subject he would have gotten a first. But again the way i see it, you need to really have good time management and make sure you dont muddle up writing styles for both courses when it comes to assignments.

Thank you, that makes sense!
Reply 3
Thank you for your answer, it's really helpful! I was thinking the "American" way about this, so it's great to understand the difference. I guess it would be good to either do something that complements the Law course itself, such as business. I'll think about it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending