The Student Room Group

Anyone had a frenuloplasty and did sex feel better or worse afterwards?

Hi all,

To explain the details, when I have an erection, I can pull my foreskin back to expose the head, and the head does not get pulled down. However, if I (or my girlfriend) continue to pull the skin back further, the head gets pulled down. At this point I do not feel pain, but I definitely feel a tugging sensation.

However, if the skin gets pulled back suddenly or perhaps from the wrong angle, I do feel a painful sensation in the frenulum. I would estimate this happens perhaps 1 in 10 times when I am having sex.

The only other negative effect is that I do not feel much sensation during oral sex. Although not completely sure whether this is related!

I went to a urologist who said I "would probably get a good outcome" from a frenuloplasty. However I am not sure if I want to book this in. On the one hand it could resolve the above issues. But on the other hand perhaps it could make sex less enjoyable.

If I felt pain 10 out of 10 times, I would obviously go ahead and do the operation. And if it was 0 out of 10 I would not do it. But because it only happens 1 out of 10 times, I am not sure what to choose.

Has anyone had a similar situation, and if so did you find that frenuloplasty made sex feel better or worse?
Original post by QuestionGuy
Hi all,

To explain the details, when I have an erection, I can pull my foreskin back to expose the head, and the head does not get pulled down. However, if I (or my girlfriend) continue to pull the skin back further, the head gets pulled down. At this point I do not feel pain, but I definitely feel a tugging sensation.

However, if the skin gets pulled back suddenly or perhaps from the wrong angle, I do feel a painful sensation in the frenulum. I would estimate this happens perhaps 1 in 10 times when I am having sex.

The only other negative effect is that I do not feel much sensation during oral sex. Although not completely sure whether this is related!

I went to a urologist who said I "would probably get a good outcome" from a frenuloplasty. However I am not sure if I want to book this in. On the one hand it could resolve the above issues. But on the other hand perhaps it could make sex less enjoyable.

If I felt pain 10 out of 10 times, I would obviously go ahead and do the operation. And if it was 0 out of 10 I would not do it. But because it only happens 1 out of 10 times, I am not sure what to choose.

Has anyone had a similar situation, and if so did you find that frenuloplasty made sex feel better or worse?

Get it done mate. That time you're having sex and tear your frenulum will be the time you're traumatized for life tbh. I've had the op and it made things better without worry of any tears or tugging :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest