The Student Room Group

What’s everyone’s least favourite genre of music?

Scroll to see replies

Every single genre of music
Original post by AKB2000
lol they’re not doing the same thing clearly you don’t even know who they are.

As IF I don't know who they are :rofl: They're all doing that same American tired sound, that's my opinion. It's nothing different. I didn't say they're all the exact same, American hip hop has always had a few distinct styles, but those styles have been around for decades now. America have just run out of ideas, they can't come up with anything knew.
American rap music
I don't understand how music genres work :confused:
I disagree with Woody's music opinion, but you can't knock his enthusiasm for UK music.
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
As IF I don't know who they are :rofl: They're all doing that same American tired sound, that's my opinion. It's nothing different. I didn't say they're all the exact same, American hip hop has always had a few distinct styles, but those styles have been around for decades now. America have just run out of ideas, they can't come up with anything knew.

Disagree completely. Can’t think of a rapper similar to any of the ones I listed. Pls tell me how NF just copies what’s already been done.
Reply 67
Oprah will be very flattered you assigned her a genre of music.:smile:
Anything where the voice is autotuned or digitally altered to an annoying degree where it sounds like a robot (although vocaloids are a guilty pleasure of mine it is actually MEANT to sound like a computer because it IS one). Any songs that are overly sappy and generic love songs. Hindi music and much of Arab pop music (they use WAY too much autotune generally). Other than that I am pretty open minded about music
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
Zackly.
Man, Energy is annoying me - only cause the melody sounds remarkably similar to a track from like 10-20 years ago and I just can't put my finger on it.

I’m a day late but bro

Funky Friday Dave Ft Fredo.
No words needed
Reply 70
Power metal.
Original post by Emma:-)
opera

Me too!!! Who's your favourite composer? And which opera do you like the most? My favourite composer is Puccini, and my favourite opera is Suor Angelica. Cavalleria Rusticana and Manon Lescaut close seconds.
Original post by XxSaruman82xX
Me too!!! Who's your favourite composer? And which opera do you like the most? My favourite composer is Puccini, and my favourite opera is Suor Angelica. Cavalleria Rusticana and Manon Lescaut close seconds.

Are you having a laugh?
This thread is everyones least favorite genre of music.
I dont like it. I hate the shite.
Original post by idek360
opera* lmao

You should try listening to Maria Callas!
Original post by Emma:-)
Are you having a laugh?
This thread is everyones least favorite genre of music.
I dont like it. I hate the shite.

I'm sorry, I was mistaken, but opera is not 'shite'.
rap, grime etc. - literally the most degenerate crap humanity has come up with..
Original post by BlueIndigoViolet
rap, grime etc. - literally the most degenerate crap humanity has come up with..

Agreed
Original post by Icykitten
Agreed

Original post by BlueIndigoViolet

I’m shocked :O
electro dubstep crap
Am I the only one that likes every genre there is? I just don’t think it’s necessary to hate on a certain genre cuz every genre has something unique to it that’s pretty likeable.

Quick Reply

Latest