The Student Room Group

GT Modelling scam?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by nicolthewolf
Hey guys,

So I realised that because they charged me through PayPal they could probably have my long card number stored. Therefore I've cancelled my card completely, I would suggest others to do the same just in case they try to charge you again without your permission.

That's not how Paypal works. They don't share your card details and in fact would probably be able to help you get your money back if you feel like you've been scammed. Raise a complaint and get them to cancel the transaction. Whole point of Paypal is secure transactions and buyer protection.
Original post by nicolthewolf
Hey guys,

So I realised that because they charged me through PayPal they could probably have my long card number stored. Therefore I've cancelled my card completely, I would suggest others to do the same just in case they try to charge you again without your permission.

Did you sign the contract?
Didn't know that, thanks for the info, just felt safer by cancelling my card.

I've done some more research on Media Styles (the studio I was sent to for the photo shoot) and look:

http://mediastylelondon.co.uk/media-style-our-team/

their website and this website: http://digitalazul.pt/site/ic_our_team_group/cinematographers/

have the same images of their supposed managers and employees with different names, not to mention that I didn't see any of them whilst I was at Media Styles.

If you're been to Media Styles and have started paying them, then ask them about this and this obvious lie and misinformation could get them into trouble with the police.

If you've been to another studio then look for all the little details on their website which don't add up. BTW all professional modelling studios and agencies should be able to show their models off and give some info about them. Check out the professional modelling agency BAME or UGLY and their websites and their info about their models to see what I mean.
Reply 43
Did you go to the photo shoot then? If so what happened? Wanna know as I got a call from them as well but didn't pay the deposit yet
What do i do if i signed the contract? Can i just cancel my direct debit and thats it okay would they sue me because i didn’t pay them?
Original post by Sylv12
Did you go to the photo shoot then? If so what happened? Wanna know as I got a call from them as well but didn't pay the deposit yet

I went to the shoot and they accepted me and told me to get a portfolio so i paid £2000 but in instalments so dont pay them any money!!
has anyone ever went there and had pics taken ???
has anyone ever been there for a photo shot ??
did anyone ever go ??
Original post by harryjohnboyle
has anyone ever went there and had pics taken ???

Yes i have
Reply 50
Hello Jcairn they are definitely not a scam!!!Did you even go to the shoot?!
Reply 51
I got the same call and i actually been to the modelling shoot.
they couldnt have been more professional
Reply 52
i got signed up with 3 agencies after that and got modelling jobs.
Reply 53
there are companies that are scams but GTMODELS have been nothing but good to me. i know of a lot more models that got also signed up with agencies and got work
Reply 54
Is this place actually real? Has anyone got their deposit back? Im literally so confused wish i never applied in the first place
Reply 55
Original post by Anonymous
I went to the shoot and they accepted me and told me to get a portfolio so i paid £2000 but in instalments so dont pay them any money!!

so you choose the most expensive one? i choose a cheaper portfolio and it was still enough to get the agencies to signed me up
Original post by jfl1983
i got signed up with 3 agencies after that and got modelling jobs.

And what did you pay for that? Who did you get modeling jobs with? Bit suspicious that you signed up to TSR today just to post this response...

Btw, anyone who paid via PayPal, you can challenge it and PayPal will 100% give you your money back. It's the safest way as a consumer to pay.
Reply 57
Original post by Sylv12

i went and did the shoot with them. they provided the full team of make up and hair . they even got someone to choose all the outfits and i was super happy.

i passed the test and i know more about modelling now. i built a portfolio with them because i they explain only agencies like STORM paid for modelling portfolios
Hi,

I had a call from GT Models a few months ago and went for the assessment day, before going I read some bad reviews online that made me very nervous. Had the assessment at New York Fashion on Wardour Street and I was pleasantly surprised!! The studio was massive and the team was friendly and really helpful. I have never modelled before and was so nervous but the photographer gave me a lot of help, I had a interview and they was happy to work with me and I was delighted, they gave me options for a portfolio because I’m in part time work I couldn’t afford much but spent around £900, I was given a model coach who has been AMAZING she has sent me to castings and I’ve signed with 2 agencies. I have done a lot of the leg work myself but as my assssor Sandra adviced me the industry is competitive and it’s about have a personality. In the last couple of months I’ve done a few tv and film extra bits and e-commerce sites I’m not the next Gigi Hadid I know that but I’m really excited with the process so far. I will keep you guys updated with my progress you can follow me on insta @lucyhurtmodel
Advice from a Guardian article to steer clear of companies that:

Describe themselves as “platforms” and offer to assess your chances of being accepted by a modelling agency. (sound familar?)

Ask for a refundable fee to ensure you turn up for an assessment (I.e. a "holding deposit" to secure your spot). (sound familar?)

Claim that you need a portfolio to break into the world of modelling. (sound familar?)

Tell you after a photoshoot you have potential, and introduce you to an adviser. (sound familar?)

Insist that the photos will be deleted unless you buy them there and then.

GT models may well be a legit company in that they give you a photoshoot and pictures. But please understand this a completely different service to a modeling agency. They are trying to get money off you to sell you your dream. They are making you pay to have a photoshoot. If you look at all of the top modelling agencies in London you will see that not a SINGLE one require you to have professional pictures. Those agencies would never, ever make you pay for that. They make their money from commission, when you are booked on to a job
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending