The Student Room Group
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website

Official Staffordshire University Applicants Thread 2019

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Staffordshire University

Have you made Staffordshire University your firm choice? There is a Facebook page for future students that have chosen us as their firm choice you can request to join if so. If this is something you're interested in let us know and we can PM you the link :smile:

Thanks,
HB

Hi my son has firmed Staffs with an unconditional offer. He isn't on here, but can I have the link to give to him please.

We are coming down for the offer holders open day tomorrow, so we can have a look around and hopefully get a look at accommodation - and find out how/when you apply for it. We also need to find out how you secure accommodation, as I'm sure I remember my friend having to pay upfront for a term of the accommodation, before student loans came in for her daughter.

There is so much to think about.
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website
Hi @faelliott,

Most people won't join until the comms emails have gone out about it, but i'll pop you the link over now and hopefully it'll be of some use :smile:

Thanks,
HB

Hi Team,

woukd you mind if i could be sent the link to the Sept Cohort 19/20 please?

Thank you!
Reply 82
Could I have the link too please for my daughter doing forensic science. ☺️
Hi @GPHargrove,
Congratulations!

Have you made Staffordshire University your firm choice? There is a Facebook page for future students that have chosen us as their firm choice you can request to join if so. If this is something you're interested in let us know and we can PM you the link :smile:

Thanks,
HB

I have also firmed Staffordshire. Please could you PM me the link?
Original post by iEmmaJanee
Hi Team,

woukd you mind if i could be sent the link to the Sept Cohort 19/20 please?

Thank you!

HI @iEmmaJanee

I've just PMed you the link :smile:

Thanks

Amy
Original post by redmel1621
Hi my son has firmed Staffs with an unconditional offer. He isn't on here, but can I have the link to give to him please.

We are coming down for the offer holders open day tomorrow, so we can have a look around and hopefully get a look at accommodation - and find out how/when you apply for it. We also need to find out how you secure accommodation, as I'm sure I remember my friend having to pay upfront for a term of the accommodation, before student loans came in for her daughter.

There is so much to think about.

Hi @redmel1621

I've just PMed you the link to the group.

I hope Saturday went OK and everything is a bit clearer about when to apply for accommodation.

Please give me a shout if we can help with anything else :smile:

Thanks

Amy
Original post by DeathTheSister
I have also firmed Staffordshire. Please could you PM me the link?

Hi @DeathTheSister

I've just PMed you the link too :smile:

Thanks

Amy
Original post by Holco
Could I have the link too please for my daughter doing forensic science. ☺️

Hi @Holco

Has your daughter made Staffs her firm choice? The group is only open to firm offer holders.

Thanks

Amy
Reply 88
Hi @redmel1621

I've just PMed you the link to the group.

I hope Saturday went OK and everything is a bit clearer about when to apply for accommodation.

Please give me a shout if we can help with anything else :smile:

Thanks

Amy

Hi Amy.... think I’ve been missed off the pm 😢
Original post by Holco
Hi Amy.... think I’ve been missed off the pm 😢

Hi @Holco

Yes, I just replied to your previous comment on here to ask if your daughter has made Staffs her firm choice?

Thanks

Amy
Reply 90
Hi @Holco

Has your daughter made Staffs her firm choice? The group is only open to firm offer holders.

Thanks

Amy

Hi Amy

she has an unconditional offer, she was a bit unsure if the campus was “sociable 🙄” enough, but her fears were relieved by the offer day Saturday. What is holding her back actually making that firm on ucas, is she has already been able to make contact with other students at the 2nd choice university, therefore being able to make contact and see it is sociable will ensure she makes it her firm choice. Hope I’m making sense 😬
Original post by Holco
Hi Amy

she has an unconditional offer, she was a bit unsure if the campus was “sociable 🙄” enough, but her fears were relieved by the offer day Saturday. What is holding her back actually making that firm on ucas, is she has already been able to make contact with other students at the 2nd choice university, therefore being able to make contact and see it is sociable will ensure she makes it her firm choice. Hope I’m making sense 😬

Hi @Holco

Yes, that makes perfect sense and I'm glad she enjoyed the offer holder day.

However, the FB group is for firm offer holders only I'm afraid. If she has any particular questions about the non-academic/social side of Uni, I'd suggest you/she posts her questions on this thread and our current students will be happy to answer them.

In terms of connecting with other possible students at Staffs, this thread might be best to use :smile:

We also have this tool on our site which allows you to ask current students questions too - https://www.staffs.ac.uk/student-life/ask-a-student/.

Hope that all helps.

Thanks

Amy
(edited 5 years ago)
Hi just wondering if there is anyone starting the nursing course on the stafford campus in MARCH 2019?
Just firmed Staffs- please can I have the link, too? :smile:
Hey, just applied for physical geography through UCAS Extra! Is anyone else doing geography? :smile:
Original post by Motherhem
Just firmed Staffs- please can I have the link, too? :smile:

Hi @Motherhem, I'm just picking his one up from my colleague. Can I check which link you needed? Thanks, ^Shaun.
Hey, I have made a firm choice with Staffs and would like to join the group too :smile:
Hi @JuliaHuvila

Thanks for getting in touch. Our Admissions team will be sending out invitations to the Facebook group shortly to anyone who has confirmed a firm acceptance of a place with us. If you don't receive anything in the next few days, just email [email protected]

Thanks, Shaun (Content Team)
Well i got my place confirmed for staffs yesterday by sending off my certificates, so that's all good. Starting in september it seems
Original post by Danfargher
Well i got my place confirmed for staffs yesterday by sending off my certificates, so that's all good. Starting in september it seems

Congrats @Danfargher
Let us know if you have any questions about starting :smile:

Thanks,
HB

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending