The Student Room Group
Wouldn’t recommend it. Had loads of spam texts from them offering free photoshoots. I hope you havent paid for anything yet :smile:
Make sure about their offers.we were forced to buy a package of £1600 ,though we didn’t wanted it.absolute scam.
Hi Im taking my daughter next month. Please can you tell me how they "forced" you into buying them?
(edited 5 years ago)
We had a shoot today and they didn't FORCE us to buy, but we did choose to buy the package
They don't get you modelling jobs. Unfortunately you end up paying for a portfolio which you will never use. Its a scam! If they really believed that you would be the next famous UK model, they would be investing in you, instead you are investing in them. Most of the conversation threads about how wonderful they are, are made up by them. Once you purchase the portfolio of pictures you never hear from them again. Read the small print - they guarantee you nothing. sadly it's a con. Its a conveyor belt system where they continually sell portfolios pictures and dreams (and make a lot of money) to those who aspire to be models. Don't part with your hard earned money because of their empty promises. Or do if you are desperate!
Will they give you the deposit back ?
Reply 7
Yes, it ishttps://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/news/5703520/dad-says-he-feels-cheated-out-of-1500-by-modelling-firm-which-sold-him-essential-service-to-make-his-daughter-8-a-star-but-led-to-no-work/amp/
How was the shooting going ? Did you get the deposit back?
Hi. I wanted to know if you got your deposit back as they said it would be refundable as long as we turn up or cancel three working days in advance. I cancelled immediately after I discovered mixed reviews. I’m really scared as I am struggling with money a lot right now
jhkhj
Hi, I've just had the same. Felt a bit pressured there and then. Did you get your deposit back?
The ONLY things they 'may' charge you for is comp cards and test / portfolio shoots and even then you need to be careful.
Selling anything else is a scam - examples include haircuts, sign up fees and a lists of agents/ potential clients.

As for comp card and test/portfolio photos - If there are any high pressure selling tactics / time limits, or they only let you use their photographer, or they charge too much ( more than a few quid for comp cards or a few hundred for a photographer ) then it's ether a scam or a very rubbish agency.

In any case thousands of pounds or any mention of a "package" is probably a scam
Total scam guys AVOID AVOID, they will charge you minimum package £300 for a Zcard and the pics of your shoot they’ll pressure you into buying it on the spot as they’ll be deleted. They’ll show you how you’ve been accepted by 7/8 agencies that are connected with some supper shows and designer brands, and that their contract is ready to sign right now but if u don’t buy their package this moment they can’t give your details to them and you won’t receive this lifetime offer. I negotiated paid £50 to just release the photoshoot pics and an online portfolio and they said okay we’ll pass your details on to 2 agencies for now until you pay the rest of the package. Both agencies contacted me and asked me to sign their contract and buy a subscription package to be feautured on their website again all SCAM
this, i'm really worried, I would like the deposit back and am not sure what to do. will they actually give it back if I show up?
I remember when I traveled all the way over Central London just for them to ask me to pay £10,000 for a portfolio and a photoshoot. Never wanted to become a model ever again.
Hi same thing is happening with me did u show up????
Hi same thing is happening with me did u show up????
Reply 18
So did it work for your daughter in terms of paid commercials or modelling offers or any good work by the agencies included in the package by UK MODELS ?
No, don’t do it. I new straight away it was a con. They should pay you for beauty not you pay them .

Latest

Trending

Trending