The Student Room Group

Primary education applicants scotland 2019

Hello, I’ve just sent off my application to UCAS and thought I’d start a forum for us education applicants 2019! I’m applying to Primary Glasgow, Primary Strathclyde and also Stirling! Hopefully we can discuss when we hear back from applications etc! Good luck :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Good luck mate!!
Thanks dude, got a feeling won’t hear anything for quite a while but still :smile:!
I'm applying to Strathclyde, Aberdeen, Dundee, QMU and my local UHI college! My UCAS application has been ready since September but my previous guidance teacher still hasn't finished my reference yet! Not bitter at all lol :rolleyes:
Reply 4
I have applied for UWS, Glasgow, Strathclyde, Stirling and Aberdeen. I have heard back from 3. I have an interview at UWS and have been rejected from glasgow and Strathclyde :frown:
Original post by Ekerr2
I have applied for UWS, Glasgow, Strathclyde, Stirling and Aberdeen. I have heard back from 3. I have an interview at UWS and have been rejected from glasgow and Strathclyde :frown:

How long did it take for the unis to respond to you?? I can't deal with the wait lol
Reply 6
UWS replies within 12 hours. Glasgow took 2 weeks and Strathclyde were about 16 days! Just need to wait for Stirling and Aberdeen
Original post by Ekerr2
Well done for uws that’s amazing!!! What were ur grades/predicted grades, I have applied for the same but I picked uws maths with education,heard nothing from any unis been stressing.
Reply 8
Original post by Jennaaa_23
Well done for uws that’s amazing!!! What were ur grades/predicted grades, I have applied for the same but I picked uws maths with education,heard nothing from any unis been stressing.
My grades weren’t amazing ABC and my predicted grades are AABB, what unis have you applied too?
Strathclyde,Glasgow, uws and Stirling
Reply 10
And have you not heard back yet. What are your grades/predicted
I got an unconditional from Strathclyde!! I was shocked because I heard back within a week of applying, so happy! I've got a conditional too from UHI for child and youth studies but I can go straight to year 2 with my HNC and a bridging unit!
Has anyone heard back from Aberdeen or Dundee yet? My friend has an interview for nursing at Dundee on the 2nd of January which makes travel quite difficult :frown:
Reply 12
Nope I’ve not! I rlly want to go to Aberdeen now. Some of my fiends have heard back from Aberdeen or Dundee but now for teaching
Reply 13
Original post by kerilouise38
I got an unconditional from Strathclyde!! I was shocked because I heard back within a week of applying, so happy! I've got a conditional too from UHI for child and youth studies but I can go straight to year 2 with my HNC and a bridging unit!
Has anyone heard back from Aberdeen or Dundee yet? My friend has an interview for nursing at Dundee on the 2nd of January which makes travel quite difficult :frown:

I have an interview for primary teaching at Dundee, I have applied to Aberdeen as well but yet to hear anything.
Aberdeen were doing interviews last week for primary teaching, a girl in my school got one. I think they will do more interviews later, hopefully! (as i haven't recieved a rejection yet) I have my Dundee interview on Wednesday. Apparently the interview is really chill for Dundee ! :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by Abby_C_14
Aberdeen were doing interviews last week for primary teaching, a girl in my school got one. I think they will do more interviews later, hopefully! (as i haven't recieved a rejection yet) I have my Dundee interview on Wednesday. Apparently the interview is really chill for Dundee ! :smile:

I'll Say you there!
Original post by LFowley
I'll Say you there!

How are you feeling about it? I am leaving in an hour to drive up as I'm staying in a travelodge x
I was at interview at Aberdeen for teaching 18th. Was really chill and went really well. However, not heard a peep since from them or anywhere else. Few of my friends doing Primary have heard from Dundee but besides that we are all in the dark. I got AABC and a C at Nat 5 Maths plus amazing experience and sparkling personality 😂 😉. Obvs not perfect but I thought I would’ve heard more back in terms of interview by now. Anyone shed some light 😂
Original post by jack.wallace2001
I was at interview at Aberdeen for teaching 18th. Was really chill and went really well. However, not heard a peep since from them or anywhere else. Few of my friends doing Primary have heard from Dundee but besides that we are all in the dark. I got AABC and a C at Nat 5 Maths plus amazing experience and sparkling personality 😂 😉. Obvs not perfect but I thought I would’ve heard more back in terms of interview by now. Anyone shed some light 😂

Do you mean just interviews from Dundee? I have my interview tomorrow morning for Dundee. Haven't heard back from Striling or QMU. My friend had an interview at Aberdeen on the 18th too, she hasn't heard back from them either. I think it just takes longer for our specific course
Yeah mainly just interviews but I’m dying for offers aswell. Dundee because of my maths grade I’m probably not hearing back from till like they’ve got through everyone else or might get declined. Hopefully not same for all

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending