The Student Room Group

wanted to be an engineer but did badly at GCSEs

so basically i got a 7 in physics,chemistry and philosophy.5 in history and eng lit,4 in Spanish and a 6 in everything else.to study maths at sixth form i needed a 7 but i had a 6 and since i couldn't do maths there was no point in doing physics therefore im now stuck doing bio,chem and economics. Its nearly half term and i was wondering if it would be worth it to leave the sixth form im at now and going to a college where the entry requirements for maths are lower (6) and doing physics and a Btec in engineering as well or should i wait and ride this year out so that i can start at the beginning.
Original post by kunsang21
so basically i got a 7 in physics,chemistry and philosophy.5 in history and eng lit,4 in Spanish and a 6 in everything else.to study maths at sixth form i needed a 7 but i had a 6 and since i couldn't do maths there was no point in doing physics therefore im now stuck doing bio,chem and economics. Its nearly half term and i was wondering if it would be worth it to leave the sixth form im at now and going to a college where the entry requirements for maths are lower (6) and doing physics and a Btec in engineering as well or should i wait and ride this year out so that i can start at the beginning.

foundation year
Reply 2
Original post by Rolls_Reus_0wner
foundation year

what can unis can you do those in, i thought that you needed at least maths to do one
Original post by loazing21
what can unis can you do those in, i thought that you needed at least maths to do one

hmm depends on the uni. Btw why don't you do a level maths privately?
Reply 4
Original post by Rolls_Reus_0wner
hmm depends on the uni. Btw why don't you do a level maths privately?

will i have to teach it to myself or will i have to pay for an expensive tutor?
Original post by loazing21
will i have to teach it to myself or will i have to pay for an expensive tutor?

depends how capable you are at math. I got a 6 and went fron a U to an A in 6 months
It's not really how capable you are. It's more about if you're willing to put the effort in.

I've seen people who get 6's in GCSEs to getting A*s, and people who get 9's to getting U's.

Quick Reply

Latest