The Student Room Group

Pure Maths Vectors Edexcel

I’ve recently started teaching myself the vectors topic for Edexcel Pure Maths Year 1 however I can’t seem to understand the answers to a few questions, it comes down to my basic understanding of the topic so if someone could be please explain (with diagrams) the reasoning for these questions it would help me a lot..
Attachment not found
Attachment not found
Attachment not found

Question 1b
Questions 2 and 3
And question 9ii
Reply 1
Original post by ahareem
I’ve recently started teaching myself the vectors topic for Edexcel Pure Maths Year 1 however I can’t seem to understand the answers to a few questions, it comes down to my basic understanding of the topic so if someone could be please explain (with diagrams) the reasoning for these questions it would help me a lot..
Attachment not found
Attachment not found
Attachment not found

Question 1b
Questions 2 and 3
And question 9ii

1b : try drawing the vector R on a coordinate grid along with the vector j. Does that help? The rest of your attachments don't work.
It says to find the angle between vector j and the line of action of R, which is just R. Vector j is 1 length long, so you would have to scale down vector i by how much you scaled vector j by. You could then use trigonometry to find the angle between R and j.

Quick Reply

Latest