The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Trent University (NTU) Applicants thread 2019

Scroll to see replies

Applied for the undergraduate criminology course, application sent off on the 10th, now just eagerly waiting! Will hopefully be attending an open day soon 😀
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Just received an offer for electronic engineering
But never had an application acknowledgement email and no email about the offer. It's on ucas track. I know its not my email system as I have had other emails from ntu before about open days. Just wondering why no emails from ntu yet?
Course: Law

Undergraduate/Postgraduate: Undergraduate

Offer made?: Yes - unconditional

Are you coming to an open day?: I'm not sure as I don't know if i'll have time to and I live really far away

As I'm studying Law, which accomodation would be best? - location wise

When do accomodation applications open?
Are you allowed visitors to stay with you?
How much storage is in the rooms? Wardrobe etc? Is there space under the bed for storage?
Where are the laundry facilities based? For figuring out my accomodation floor, as don't want to be too far away haha - also any idea of prices?
How mnay weeks are the accomodation for? During holidays (christmas/easter) do you have to take all your stuff with you?
Closest gyms? Any ideas of prices?
How far is the town and shops from the Law building/accomodation, would I need to get the bus? If so, idea of bus prices?
Reply 43
Course: Property development & Planning

Undergraduate/postgraduate: undergraduate

Offer made: not applied yet

Are you coming to an open day?: came on November 3rd

I was wondering what the ratio was like on this course, like how many guys to girls is it usually?

Also, how do you think you know if it’s the right course for you? My goal is to have my own company developing property’s and renting them out, do you think this course would help me achieve this?
Reply 44
Original post by Nottingham Trent University
Hi Guys,

If you are thinking about, or have applied to NTU for 2019 entry then this is the thread for you!

Just fill out the form below and get the discussion going!

Course:

Undergraduate/Postgraduate:

Offer made?:

Are you coming to an open day?:

Any questions that you would like to ask Chris?:

Good luck with your application! :smile:

Chris - NTU Rep

Hi everyone,
course: I'm interested in doing Computer Science (Games Tech)
undergraduate/postgraduate: Undergraduate
offer made: Conditional but unconditional if you are my firm choice!
open day: Been to one open day interested in coming to another one!
Questions: Just curious of if you hold any applicants days for people who've received an offer and also can you give me anyone to talk to who could help with my course related questions?
Thanks a lot! 😁
Course: psychology with placement

Undergraduate/Postgraduate: undergraduate

Offer made?: conditional

Are you coming to an open day?: hopefully :smile:

Any questions that you would like to ask Chris?

I’ve changed my grades increasing my ucas points. They want 128 and i’ve got 144 point. I am really wanting to go here so I’m just wondering if my offer will change?
So I just got an email giving me tips on how to prepare for my interview... I haven't even received an offer to attend an interview through post or email and UCAS Track hasn't changed? I'm so confused!
Reply 47
Original post by nanwilliamss

I’ve changed my grades increasing my ucas points. They want 128 and i’ve got 144 point. I am really wanting to go here so I’m just wondering if my offer will change?

@nanwilliamss, if you contact the admissions team at Nottingham Trent, you can ask if it’s possible. But realistically if your predicated grades are 144 you shouldn’t have an issue getting in.
Original post by EveryMoonlight
Sent my application for Filmmaking in three weeks ago and no response yet... the waiting is the worst!

Hi @EveryMoonlight

Have you had your response yet? It can be really frustrating waiting, but you should hopefully hear back soon!

Alice - NTU Rep :smile:
Original post by browncowstunning
Applied for the undergraduate criminology course, application sent off on the 10th, now just eagerly waiting! Will hopefully be attending an open day soon 😀

Hey @browncowstunning

Good luck with your application! :smile: Are you thinking of attending the Saturday 1 December Open Day?

Alice - NTU Rep
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Postgraduate study at NTU
Hi @EveryMoonlight

Have you had your response yet? It can be really frustrating waiting, but you should hopefully hear back soon!

I got an email yesterday giving me tips on how to prepare for my interview- but I haven't received an offer to attend an interview or any correspondence from NTU and UCAS Track hasn't changed?
Original post by EveryMoonlight
I got an email yesterday giving me tips on how to prepare for my interview- but I haven't received an offer to attend an interview or any correspondence from NTU and UCAS Track hasn't changed?

Hi @EveryMoonlight

Please can you DM me so I can look into this for you?

Thanks! :smile:

Alice - NTU Rep
Original post by Abraham772
Just received an offer for electronic engineering
But never had an application acknowledgement email and no email about the offer. It's on ucas track. I know its not my email system as I have had other emails from ntu before about open days. Just wondering why no emails from ntu yet?

Hi @Abraham772

Sorry that you've heard nothing from us! Please can you DM me your details so I can check this out for you?

Thanks!

Original post by Itssbeckie
Course: Law

Offer made?: Yes - unconditional

Are you coming to an open day?: I'm not sure as I don't know if i'll have time to and I live really far away

As I'm studying Law, which accomodation would be best? - location wise

When do accomodation applications open?
Are you allowed visitors to stay with you?
How much storage is in the rooms? Wardrobe etc? Is there space under the bed for storage?
Where are the laundry facilities based? For figuring out my accomodation floor, as don't want to be too far away haha - also any idea of prices?
How mnay weeks are the accomodation for? During holidays (christmas/easter) do you have to take all your stuff with you?
Closest gyms? Any ideas of prices?
How far is the town and shops from the Law building/accomodation, would I need to get the bus? If so, idea of bus prices?

Hi @Itssbeckie

Well done on getting an unconditional offer :h:

If you're studying Law you'll be at City Campus! Location wise, if you want to be as close as possible, the on-campus accommodation will probably suit you best. There a few different options: Byron, Gill Street North, Gill Street South, Hampden & Sandby. I'll pop the link to our accommodation search here with the options narrowed down to the ones mentioned :smile:The accommodation booking system opens to offer holders from Wednesday 6 February 2019 (you'll need to make NTU your firm choice to book).

The rooms vary in size/storage etc, and contract length so you'd probably be best having a look on each accommodation page to have a look at the pictures of the rooms, and the comparison table to see sizes etc.

There is a gym on campus, here are the current membership options and prices!

The City Campus is in the City Centre, and the on-campus accommodation and teaching facilities for Law are within walking distance of the shops. If you do need to go anywhere by bus, there are usually offers on for students with fares around £1 per trip with a valid student card, and academic year pass deals too.

Hope this helps!

Alice - NTU Rep
Reply 54
Course: Marketing BA

Undergraduate/Postgraduate: undergrad

Offer made?: not applied yet

Are you coming to an open day?: already visited!

Any questions that you would like to ask Chris?:
is it possible to get an (un)conditional for the course with predicted grades of ABD?
what is the gender ratio like?
whats the average numbers of students per year studying marketing?
how ethnically diverse is the course?
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Saul_X_
Hi everyone,
course: I'm interested in doing Computer Science (Games Tech)
undergraduate/postgraduate: Undergraduate
offer made: Conditional but unconditional if you are my firm choice!
open day: Been to one open day interested in coming to another one!
Questions: Just curious of if you hold any applicants days for people who've received an offer and also can you give me anyone to talk to who could help with my course related questions?
Thanks a lot! 😁

Hey @Saul_X_,

Congrats on your offer :h:

We have Offer Holder open days on 2 & 23 February, and 23 March 2019. Have you got plans for what you want to see at your next open day visit?

I'll pop the Science and Technology enquiry email address below for you to get in touch with:

[email protected]

Reply 56
Original post by Postgraduate study at NTU
Hey @Saul_X_,

Congrats on your offer :h:

We have Offer Holder open days on 2 & 23 February, and 23 March 2019. Have you got plans for what you want to see at your next open day visit?

I'll pop the Science and Technology enquiry email address below for you to get in touch with:

[email protected]

Hi Alice,
Thanks a lot!

Oh that sounds perfect! Will I get an email about these? To be honest I'd like to find out more about the course as a whole and more about the placement opportunities, etc.
Thanks a lot!
Saul
Original post by nanwilliamss

Hey @nanwilliamss,

Well done on getting your offer!

When are you thinking of coming to an open day? Is there anything you'd like to know about them? :h:

As for your grades changing - you'd need your school/college to email the admissions team with your details and new predicted grades so they can be assessed. Here's the email: [email protected]

Reply 58
Course: Business and Managment BA with accounting and finance

Offer made?: Not yet, applied eight days ago.

Are you coming to an open day?: Went to the open day on the 3rd of Novemer and loved it.

Any questions that you would like to ask Chris?: My second choice university has given me an unconditional offer however my first choice is nottingham trent. I'm nervous that if I don't get an uncondtional i am not going to know what to firm as I really want the insurance of an unconditional. I plan to stay in Sandby and look foward to it. Just nervous!!:s-smilie:
I’ve firmed my offer with NTU, and my offer was conditional and then if I firmed it, you would update to an unconditional. I was wondering when it would change to an unconditional on my UCAS track, and whether I would get a confirmation email ? Many thanks xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending