The Student Room Group

English Literature GCSE

hello, i have a practice exam question for Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde asking to write about how Stevenson explores duality, the extract is from chapter 10, and my mind's gone blank, could anyone help or give advice?
Many thanks
what part of chapter ten is the extract from? and what have you got down so far?
Original post by samr666
hello, i have a practice exam question for Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde asking to write about how Stevenson explores duality, the extract is from chapter 10, and my mind's gone blank, could anyone help or give advice?
Many thanks

Have you checked out Mr Bruff or Mr Salles' Youtube videos? They might have something on this :smile:
Reply 3
Write about the duality of setting, human nature, beliefs (e.g. religion vs science) using quotes from the extract. E.g. Stevenson explores duality by contrasting good and evil characteristics in the text...

Just use whichever relates to the extract more
You’re basically looking for juxtaposition
Reply 4
Original post by langbee
Have you checked out Mr Bruff or Mr Salles' Youtube videos? They might have something on this :smile:

ill watch those now, thank you
Reply 5
Original post by Mxf.e
Write about the duality of setting, human nature, beliefs (e.g. religion vs science) using quotes from the extract. E.g. Stevenson explores duality by contrasting good and evil characteristics in the text...

Just use whichever relates to the extract more
You’re basically looking for juxtaposition

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending