How to get people to notice your Student room posts Watch

AK_SL
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi, i have some questions that i have posted on student room regarding advice about studies and etc but no one seems to be answering them. I really want people to notice my posts and help me but it looks like no one does. Does anyone have any advice on how to make more people view your posts?
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by AK_SL)
Hi, i have some questions that i have posted on student room regarding advice about studies and etc but no one seems to be answering them. I really want people to notice my posts and help me but it looks like no one does. Does anyone have any advice on how to make more people view your posts?
How long ago did you post them?
AK_SL
Rep:
?
If im i am being honest, I only posted them today, so i am definitely being impatient. Sometimes I see people get 100 replies within a few minutes so i just wish i had some responses to my posts. Apologies for wasting your time DrawTheLine
AK_SL
Rep:
?
(Original post by AK_SL)
If im i am being honest, I only posted them today, so i am definitely being impatient. Sometimes I see people get 100 replies within a few minutes so i just wish i had some responses to my posts. Apologies for wasting your time DrawTheLine
the reason i want lots of responses as i need lots of help
DrawTheLine
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by AK_SL)
I think you are exaggerating there. Yes you are being impatient. If your post has been left unanswered for more than 2 days then bump it. TSR is very active so it's easy for posts to get missed. Don't take it personally.

It's nor guaranteed you'll get help when you want it here. If you want advice about studies then speak to your teachers or someone in person who can give you help there and then.
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Have you definitely put your thread in the right place? if you put subject specific threads in chat they can get lost
MWills99
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You can get people to notice your posts by making posts asking how to get people to notice your posts
AK_SL
Rep:
?
(Original post by CoolCavy)
Have you definitely put your thread in the right place? if you put subject specific threads in chat they can get lost
I made a post about help regarding the gold crest award, but i wasnt sure which category it fitted in, so i put it in a levels; so far no one has responded to it. I also made one about motivation but no one has noticed that either.
AK_SL
Rep:
?
also im kind of a noob wih tsr, can somone tell me how i can look at my posts
yeetmymeat
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
start clickbaiting and structure questions like "TOP 5 THINGS I DIDNT KNOW ABOUT _____ (GONE QUESTIONABLE). works everytime
username2889812
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by AK_SL)
also im kind of a noob wih tsr, can somone tell me how i can look at my posts
You get notified when someone quotes you...and you can find your thread😊
username2569523
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Clickbait/trolling/Drama/Interesting topic/controversial topic/including famous users in the title, etc

If you made a thread about a fluids mechanics question barely anyone would care. This is not really a fully academic website js, despite its name
AK_SL
Rep:
?
how am i supposed to clickbait when i have a question regarding a gold crest award?!?! If anyone here has any experience in Crest awards plz can you look at my question
AK_SL
Rep:
?
Spoiler:
Show

its upsetting that this post has more replies than my posts with actual questions
AK_SL
Rep:
?
also how do i 'bump' one of my posts
username2569523
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by AK_SL)
how am i supposed to clickbait when i have a question regarding a gold crest award?!?! If anyone here has any experience in Crest awards plz can you look at my question
You can go on that thread and bump it by posting “bump”. This would then put it at the top of the pile again for a bit so more people can see it
DrawTheLine
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by AK_SL)
Just by typing bump in the comments
M4cc4n4
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by AK_SL)
generally when looking for posts to reply to, a stupid claim or maths or physics will usually get me to click on the question
Labrador99
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by AK_SL)
I made a post about help regarding the gold crest award, but i wasnt sure which category it fitted in, so i put it in a levels; so far no one has responded to it. I also made one about motivation but no one has noticed that either.
I've done a Gold CREST Award, so will take a look and see if I can help You've put it in a decent place, so don't worry! In terms of getting replies, sometimes it's just a case of not many people having experience to be able to help...Although they're not super uncommon, not huge numbers of people do CREST awards, particularly when you get to Gold, so it's quite specific knowledge, if that makes sense. Like I say, I'll take a look now and see whether I can help at all
Last edited by Labrador99; 1 year ago
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If you are Super desperate for people to read your thread then tag every user you can think of in the opening post, and then 20 seconds later edit your post to remove the tags. They'll still get the notification and be taken to your thread ...but they'll be baffled because they won't see their username there.

somebody did this once to me, and i was fairly annoyed

It was one of those group staff members.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (284)
46.71%
No (69)
11.35%
I'm not old enough (255)
41.94%

Watched Threads