The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Accommodation - room allocation

Hi, I was just wondering, when you receive your accommodation offer, do they tell you a room number so you can tell which floor your accommodation is going to be on? I do not fancy being in a room at too high a level where as I am sure some people would prefer it. Thanks
Reply 1
I have noticed that if you are eligible, the first payment is on the 27 October 2023 so I am just wondering, do you know when students are informed of whether they are eligible? thanks
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
Hi, I was just wondering if they will be offering meal cards this year? If so, do you know how much they will be? do they have a n expiry date? Also, do you have to use the dining hall closest to your accommodation? and how does it work, do you serve yourself or is it more like a school canteen type situation? Thanks
Just letting you know I've merged your threads together so that all of your questions are in one place :smile:

@UniofExeter Rep @ExeterStudentRep, could you help this person?
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I was just wondering if they will be offering meal cards this year? If so, do you know how much they will be? do they have a n expiry date? Also, do you have to use the dining hall closest to your accommodation? and how does it work, do you serve yourself or is it more like a school canteen type situation? Thanks

Hi, we will be offering meal cards this year. The cost will be 7 meals in our catered halls for £36.00. My understanding is self-catered students can select the halls but I suspect most people go for proximity as the halls tend to be located on different parts of campus. It is canteen style, with staff there to serve up hot plates, similar to school really (at least this is how it has been when I used Holland Hall and Lopes). I am unsure on an expiry date, I suspect it would be reasonably long dates but that would be something to check with the Hall teams directly as they would control that. You can order them online (only through term time so the link won't work until term starts in a few weeks).

I have noticed that if you are eligible, the first payment is on the 27 October 2023 so I am just wondering, do you know when students are informed of whether they are eligible? thanks

From memory this is in relation to the Access to Exeter bursary? I I am still doing some digging on this for you and will get back to you ASAP.

Hi, I was just wondering, when you receive your accommodation offer, do they tell you a room number so you can tell which floor your accommodation is going to be on? I do not fancy being in a room at too high a level where as I am sure some people would prefer it. Thanks

From memory you will be told a block but not the specific room at the initial offer stage. We are unable to allocate rooms on preference of floor or specific room you would prefer to be in a building (unless you have medical needs).

You might find it useful to speak to someone from accommodation. We have a team of student ambassadors helping the Accommodation Office over the next few weeks so if you have any questions about accommodation you can give them a call on 0300 555 0444.

I shall get back to you on the bursary question, but do let me know if there are any other questions I can help you with in the meantime.

Melody
University of Exeter Student Recruitment Team

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending