The Student Room Group

Personal statement

So I started to do my personal statement and left it last minute as my sixth form deadline is within a month. Do you guys have any advice on what I should do to make my personal statement stand out? I'm applying to do optometry and biological science at uni.
Original post by hira981
So I started to do my personal statement and left it last minute as my sixth form deadline is within a month. Do you guys have any advice on what I should do to make my personal statement stand out? I'm applying to do optometry and biological science at uni.

-Why do you want to study the subject?
-What got you interested in it?
-Which topics in particular are you interested in? (worth mentioning if unis you are applying to offer them, but NEVER mention unis by name in your PS)
-What extra curricular stuff have you done that prove your interest e.g. extra curricular reading, summer schools, blogs you write etc
-Do you have any idea of what you want to do after uni using your degree?

Don't write about hobbies or anything that isn't relevant to your course at uni as unis won't care about these
Reply 2
Literally everyone is being told to make their personal statement stand out. Just make it decent - keep it relevant and honest.
Also, don't sacrifice formatting for character space. Nobody wants to read a wall of text.
Original post by hira981
I would like to study optometry and biology. Do you mind reading my personal statement and telling me what to improve on?

i dont think you should be putting your personal statement online .
Original post by hira981
I would like to study optometry and biology. Do you mind reading my personal statement and telling me what to improve on?

Don't share your personal statement on TSR, someone could steal it and then you would have to rewrite it.
Original post by hira981

Don't put this online. I haven't looked at it but now you will have to completely rewrite it due to plagiarism concerns which UCAS will flag up
You might need to rewrite the whole thing now that you've posted it on a public forum RIP

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/university/personal-statements/personal-statement-plagiarism-all-you-need-to-know
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending