The Student Room Group

Uni of Bristol or Uni of Leeds?

I can’t decide between Bristol and Leeds for psychology. Leeds was my favourite but I didn’t expect to get an offer at all from Bristol😅 I both need the B in English language A-level upon re take. Can anyone give me their opinion on which they think is better or what I should base my final decision on? I aspire to be a neuropsychologist and although Bristol is higher on the rankings Leeds has a bigger study abroad programme (I’m not hoping to be a psychologist in the UK but elsewhere). Really can’t decide, does anyone know the difference in employability rates too? HELP! 😂
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 1
If you really liked leeds in the first place and are now only considering Bristol because you have an offer, Leeds is probably the way to go because it’s your gut feeling. This is providing you like the courses at both unis and you like the actual universities. I think it’s worth considering things such as city campus (Bristol) vs enclosed city campus (Leeds- ie it’s still a city campus but in a designated area of the city). Don’t worry too much about employability rate and rankings because at the end of the day, the important thing is, you come out with the necessary qualification for a course that you’ll enjoy and you think gives you the right direction in life. Hope this helped :smile:
Original post by chloelee
If you really liked leeds in the first place and are now only considering Bristol because you have an offer, Leeds is probably the way to go because it’s your gut feeling. This is providing you like the courses at both unis and you like the actual universities. I think it’s worth considering things such as city campus (Bristol) vs enclosed city campus (Leeds- ie it’s still a city campus but in a designated area of the city). Don’t worry too much about employability rate and rankings because at the end of the day, the important thing is, you come out with the necessary qualification for a course that you’ll enjoy and you think gives you the right direction in life. Hope this helped :smile:

This helped so much - thank you! 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending