The Student Room Group

8 GRADE 9'S AND 2 GRADE 8'S - ask me anything!!

In the summer I achieved 8 grade 9s and 2 grade 8s. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Scroll to see replies

Can you give me some tips for revison and how you managed to do so well! :smile:
Reply 2
Is a Grade 9 the same as a*?
Original post by adam277
Is a Grade 9 the same as a*?

no its higher. its an a**
Reply 4
Original post by annabananas
Can you give me some tips for revison and how you managed to do so well! :smile:

Hey!
I would say make sure you revise well for any mock exam or little test you have in class. You’ll be so grateful when April comes round because you’ll be surprised how much you remember.
For subjects like history and English, examiners love specific quotes or facts. I would say, use quizlet and memorise as many specific facts as you can. For me, I learnt all my history facts the night before the exam, as I got them into my short term memory and then they were gone by the time the exam was over. Trust me, there will be so many people in the country not using quotes or facts for English and history and so by doing this you will instantly stand out.
I’m almost reluctant to give this next tip as it’s been said so much but for maths, you have to do practise questions. I’m not saying you have to do every past paper, but make sure you are regularly and consistently doing questions to reinforce your knowledge.
For languages, if you have no desire to study them at a-level, you don’t need to understand the grammar, just memorise set phrases and conjugations. For example, I did Spanish and just using phrases like ‘desde mi punto de vista’ or ‘si pudiera elegir’ instantly gave me high scores in my writing because they are such advanced phrases and yet I didn’t really understand why I was writing what I was aha.

Please let me know if you want any more specific advice and good luck!!
Thank you! Did you do triple science because I am at the moment and I’m really struggling have you got any tips for revising well for that :smile:
Reply 6
Hello! :smile:
My weakest subjects are Maths and Science. I'm a 4 in Maths and a 6 in Science. How can I revise for these two subjects specifically in order to improve my grades?
Thank you :smile:
Original post by oompahpah
In the summer I achieved 8 grade 9s and 2 grade 8s. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

heya, I'm predicted all 9's and I was wondering how much revision you did daily, and like did you give yourself rest days?
I'm not sure if I'm doing too much or too little
How?
Reply 9
Got any tips mate?
step up ur game
Reply 11
Original post by oompahpah

Oh I guess you are not here...
Wish someone that did Triple Science in 2018 Paper 2 Biology was here... ;(
Reply 12
Original post by lively tree
step up ur game

Ha Funny g.

Ok.
how long in total do u think u spent revising
Reply 14
Maybe around 3-4 hours a day after school

If your asking me in the weekends, since I'm doing my mocks currently, I'll say about 6-8 hours. Obviously not altogether, I take 30 - 45 mins break.
Reply 15
I'm revising right now, I have a mock test tomorrow. I'm in Y11 right now ..Tough....Year....Damn..

I am doing Biology Paper 2 2018 Tomorrow, Only if I had some of the Q's :frown: lol
did u get a 9 in English lang
Reply 17
Is this some sort of indirect boast?
Reply 18
NO... Are you mad... You need to be like a PROF at English to get A "9" ...Bruh.. Only 2 people in our whole year has got a "9" so far...

HOW DO YOU GET THAT MUCH..
maximum i get is like a 6......
Original post by Vorlexx
Is this some sort of indirect boast?

probably yes

Quick Reply

Latest