The Student Room Group

University of Brighton vs. Sussex

I'm a US student and I would like to go for the Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence degree. So, which school is better for Computer Science? I know that Sussex is considered academically superior, but is Brighton really that much worse? Can anyone give me some pros and cons? Any input is very much appreciated.
(edited 5 years ago)
What are you asking between them? Which one to go for? Which is better? What course?
Reply 2
Original post by SpangleMagnet
What are you asking between them? Which one to go for? Which is better? What course?

Sorry, not sure what happened to the post, but it should be fixed now.
Sussex is a campus uni and much more regarded compared to Brighton id say if you have the grades sussex better. However I live near sussex so went for an open day and really disliked it, that might just be me but the campus wasn't very nice and when I asked about a course the lectureses weren't very sure how to answer, that's just me tho. :smile:
Original post by Waldstein
I'm a US student and I would like to go for the Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence degree. So, which school is better for Computer Science? I know that Sussex is considered academically superior, but is Brighton really that much worse? Can anyone give me some pros and cons? Any input is very much appreciated.

I'm from Sussex and am applying to study Economics there this year. Sussex is definitely academically superior as you said. The Sussex campus is much nicer than Brighton's in my opinion. However, Brighton university is closer to the city of Brighton but you can be in Brighton from Sussex university within a few minutes on a train.

If you easily meet the entry requirements for both I would choose Sussex, for the nicer campus and overall better reputation as an academic institution!
Reply 5
Original post by Shaky2017
Sussex is a campus uni and much more regarded compared to Brighton id say if you have the grades sussex better. However I live near sussex so went for an open day and really disliked it, that might just be me but the campus wasn't very nice and when I asked about a course the lectureses weren't very sure how to answer, that's just me tho. :smile:

How tough are their admissions may I ask?
I'm not totally sure as i never applied there and go somewhere else but I imagine a bit tough.
I went to a college close by and no one I know actually went to sussex I don't know if that says anything.
Original post by Waldstein
How tough are their admissions may I ask?

Sussex is not a high-tier (top 10) UK university so the admissions are not too high. For most courses, the entry requirements are AAB-ABB at A-Level however, many people I know have been accepted with lower grades than this.

So as long as you meet this or the equivalent (in terms of other qualifications) with a good personal statement you'll be fine!

I sent my application off this week so I'll let you know if I get an offer :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending