The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
count me in!

can't farking wait, grades pending. grr.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
bombproof_girl
oooh count me in!!! Anyone doing nursing......probably not

Im doing Nursing :biggrin:
bsc adult nursing.
im soo excited...only like 4 months to go!!
Does anyone know, when the accomodation contracts start, because my term start date is September 1st, but someone said we have to move in the week before for freshers week
Reply 42
ummm my term for maths starts on the 22nd. and i've been told freshers starts on the 15th, i was intending to move in on the 15th :s-smilie:
argh its so confusing. If thats so then freshers week starts after my course starts :s
ah well, im sure I'll find out eventually....i was supposed to be called by a current student but that never happened.
Reply 44
but you're doing a completely different course on a different campus to me so maybe i'd expect different start times.

:s-smilie:
Reply 45
I would like to come to get to know you, people :smile:
I live in Dublin but I guess I could come for a weekend if I know it in advance and I find cheap flights.
Reply 46
lillylillylilly
Im doing Nursing :biggrin:
bsc adult nursing.
im soo excited...only like 4 months to go!!
Does anyone know, when the accomodation contracts start, because my term start date is September 1st, but someone said we have to move in the week before for freshers week

On the ucas from it said 1st september but in the pack I got through from KCL themselves my start date was 22nd.
Yh i haven't received anything from Kings apart from like this mini map thing...hmm maybe its like the 22nd and i just dont't know it yet.
Reply 48
My start date is 22nd Sept as well for English Language and Communication... can't see why it would be different for any other course - in the first year anyway.
Reply 49
Per the website...

2008-09

22 September to 12 December 2008
12 January to 27 March 2009
27 April to 12 June 2009

Registration week 15 to 19 September 2008

Although be aware, some/most courses will have reading weeks amongst all that where you don't have classes....and the law school in particular seemed this year to invent their own term dates where we would finish a week or so earlier at christmas etc than other schools.
And i'm home now so whilst June may be the 'official' end of semester 3 date, you're done when your exams are done and this year, first year law exams were done last week before most other schools had even started!!
Reply 50
k89g
the law school in particular seemed this year to invent their own term dates

Sounds about right! :p:
Reply 51
danfel
Sounds about right! :p:

Of course :p: We lawyers must always be different!

And loads of my tutors/professors wished to go and play golf in Spain and spend christmas in Japan so wanted an extra week! :biggrin:
Reply 52
k89g

And loads of my tutors/professors wished to go and play golf in Spain and spend christmas in Japan so wanted an extra week! :biggrin:

hope it's a rule, after IB I dream of free time
k89g

Because we can be ... :biggrin:
Reply 54
When is this gonna happen? I like the sound of a meetup and hopefully I can join in too!
Reply 55
Hey - are you lawyers going to be 'buddies' next year? When will you find out who's in your group if so? :p:
Reply 56
I'll put up some options of dates soon, I think it would be better if we meet up either just before freshers week or right at the start of it. What do you guys think?
Reply 57
talktofrank
I'll put up some options of dates soon, I think it would be better if we meet up either just before freshers week or right at the start of it. What do you guys think?

Freshers week would be a good plan - make it early-ish and then even if there is something going on that night we could still meet up for a few hours.
Reply 58
Yeah, sounds good :smile:
Reply 59
and let the beer flow lol

Latest