The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hmmm some people keep telling me that but I don't understand why, I mean surely it will only improve your employment chances being better qualified?!?!?! :tsr:
Reply 21
Saagar
Hmmm some people keep telling me that but I don't understand why, I mean surely it will only improve your employment chances being better qualified?!?!?! :tsr:

He's right. Masters aren't that useful for law.
Vitriol01
He's right. Masters aren't that useful for law.

Again though it depends on the masters degree and what you intend to do with it. The only useful for ones I believe are the BCL from Oxford for various reasons and the UoL LLM, this can be used for academia etc. Not many people seem to think much of academia on this site though.
NDGAARONDI
Again though it depends on the masters degree and what you intend to do with it. The only useful for ones I believe are the BCL from Oxford for various reasons and the UoL LLM, this can be used for academia etc. Not many people seem to think much of academia on this site though.

What about the LSE LLM (a distinct entity from the UoL one), an LLM from one of the other top law schools (Cambridge, Bristol, Durham, Warwick, Notts) or a foreign LLM (say from an Ivy/decent non-Ivy, or in Contintental Europe - Leiden)?
mobb_theprequel
What about the LSE LLM (a distinct entity from the UoL one)?

Don't know enough about them. I'd rather do a BCL to be honest. Much cheaper and worth more in my eyes.

As for Cambridge it goes without saying, but it really depends on what the masters topic is and what you intend to do with it.
NDGAARONDI
Don't know enough about them. I'd rather do a BCL to be honest. Much cheaper and worth more in my eyes.

Good luck on getting into the top percentile of law grads, internationally!
Reply 26
Surely it depends on what you want to do. I can't see any point in having an LLM considering that you apply for training contracts during uni. Unless you're planning to go into academia, of course...
mobb_theprequel
Good luck on getting into the top percentile of law grads, internationally!

Did I say I wanted to do this course? :tongue: Well it is either the BCL or a UoL LLM :biggrin: Or both :rolleyes:

You need a first from a 'top-20' university is all I've been told.
NDGAARONDI
Did I say I wanted to do this course? :tongue: Well it is either the BCL or a UoL LLM :biggrin: Or both :rolleyes:

You need a first from a 'top-20' university is all I've been told.

Yeah, I wonder how many people from outside the Oxbridge, LSE, UCL, Kings, Bristol, Nottingham, Warwick, International-paradigm are actually on the BCL?!

I'll be happy getting an LLB and earning some moolah! An LSE Masters in International Relations would be nice though. :smile:
mobb_theprequel
Yeah, I wonder how many people from outside the Oxbridge, LSE, UCL, Kings, Bristol, Nottingham, Warwick, International-paradigm are actually on the BCL!

I'm not sure. I haven't looked on Oxford's website, although I have heard of statistic manipulation on their behalf. Perhaps it is possible to find out through BVC providers from those who have studied the BCL, although some may have studied the BCL after doing the BVC and so on.

Latest

Trending

Trending