The Student Room Group

A level help

Guys I’m doing 3 subjects and exams are in like 4 months. Can someone advise me on how much I should be revising. Im not good at organising myself so I would appreciate a little help. Thanks
Reply 1
write down a list of every module for each, excel is great for this. get a planner/diary (physical or app, doesnt matter)

when you revise each one, put the date and colour code it green-orange-red.
if green: revise again in 3 weeks.
if orange: revise again in 2 weeks.
if red: revise very briefly the day after (like reading your notes), then revise in depth the week after.
make a note of these schedules in your planner.

aim to cover everything once in about two months.
don't write "study 1hr biology" in your planner for the day, write "revise kidneys, liver and heart" and complete that whole task.

treat your day as a 9-5/6 (weekdays and weekends) and use all your free periods to study so you have less at home. revise solidly, then relax in the evening. this only work if you can sit down with no distractions (with regular breaks however) and study in your work hours.

anything you need clarifying just ask me. this is what works for me, it wont work for everyone
Original post by sotor
write down a list of every module for each, excel is great for this. get a planner/diary (physical or app, doesnt matter)

when you revise each one, put the date and colour code it green-orange-red.
if green: revise again in 3 weeks.
if orange: revise again in 2 weeks.
if red: revise very briefly the day after (like reading your notes), then revise in depth the week after.
make a note of these schedules in your planner.

aim to cover everything once in about two months.
don't write "study 1hr biology" in your planner for the day, write "revise kidneys, liver and heart" and complete that whole task.

treat your day as a 9-5/6 (weekdays and weekends) and use all your free periods to study so you have less at home. revise solidly, then relax in the evening. this only work if you can sit down with no distractions (with regular breaks however) and study in your work hours.

anything you need clarifying just ask me. this is what works for me, it wont work for everyone

Thank you, i appreciate it. I think I’ll start by making a list on excel. Again thanks for making it clear.
Reply 3
Original post by 8Greenorange
Thank you, i appreciate it. I think I’ll start by making a list on excel. Again thanks for making it clear.

anytime! it's all about planning and prioritising the content you know the least.

find a way to hold yourself accountable to stick to your plan. get your mum to ask you if youve finished your work for that day, or start a GYG thread.

what subjects are you doing? i can give you some tips for how to revise effectively if you're doing science or similar subjects like geography.
Reply 4
15300566-FCE8-4904-964B-11BFBD811BAA.jpg.jpeg
Need assistance with bii
Reply 5
Original post by Jjjj112
15300566-FCE8-4904-964B-11BFBD811BAA.jpg.jpeg
Need assistance with bii

wrong thread bud!

the probability of scoring 9 or more is 0 for both holes, so P(X<9)=1 for both. so 4/5 doesn't make sense to me. no one scores more than 9, so its P=0 that only 4 in 5 score that way since 5 out of 5 would have to? stats is not my strong suit though, try posting this in a maths help thread.
Original post by sotor
anytime! it's all about planning and prioritising the content you know the least.

find a way to hold yourself accountable to stick to your plan. get your mum to ask you if youve finished your work for that day, or start a GYG thread.

what subjects are you doing? i can give you some tips for how to revise effectively if you're doing science or similar subjects like geography.

Accounting, Maths and Economics. My main priorities being maths and economics

Quick Reply

Latest