The Student Room Group

GCSE Art topics, themes and advice

I'm studying art, all my work is due in for April 1st and I've got next to no art or ideas. I'm trying to get from a grade 3 to a grade 8 (Such a low grade as I had maybe 4 actual bits of art + a few pages of research in my sketchbook). My art teacher doesn't really read what we write. All in all, I might be doomed. However, I'm achieving 7s and 8s in the rest of my subjects (hopefully with me ending with some 8s and 9s) and can afford to slack on them and dedicate time to art and turn it around.
ANY AND ALL ADVICE AND TIPS WOULD REALLY BE APPRECIATED
research some artists that appeal to you and do some studying behind them that could help to fill up your pages and give you a higher grade :smile:
it is what i have done
Honestly just fill out your book with simple crap that looks good and only takes a short amount of time, i.e. only do very simple backgrounds - paint flicking, watercolour dripping, watercolour washes and that sort of thing. Fill out spaces with mildly relevant paragraphs about the artwork, i.e. inspiration for the piece, a bit about the artists, a bit about the technique you used and why (doesnt have to be truthful at all just bs your way through), depending on your project make around 3-4 really well done moderately sized pieces that can take longer, but then fill out the rest with other pieces drawn/painted from Primary and Secondary sources (getting an abundance of both of these and sticking a lot of them in helps to fill out the pages as well), use your preffered medium for your better work but try and use multiple different mediums (sometimes even repeating the same piece in a different medium) and try not to use too many time consuming mediums and always support your better pieces with smaller pieces in an easy medium just to bolster up the amount of drawings. (Primary source pieces are worth more than secondary and only directly copy artirsts works 1 or 2 times per artist page but dont spend too much time on artist pages in general <- You can also bs a lot about inspiration on these pages) then always stick to your best medium to produce the best work you can especially larger pieces. Hope that helped.
Original post by browneyedbaker
research some artists that appeal to you and do some studying behind them that could help to fill up your pages and give you a higher grade :smile:

thank you!!!
Original post by username4425304
Honestly just fill out your book with simple crap that looks good and only takes a short amount of time, i.e. only do very simple backgrounds - paint flicking, watercolour dripping, watercolour washes and that sort of thing. Fill out spaces with mildly relevant paragraphs about the artwork, i.e. inspiration for the piece, a bit about the artists, a bit about the technique you used and why (doesnt have to be truthful at all just bs your way through), depending on your project make around 3-4 really well done moderately sized pieces that can take longer, but then fill out the rest with other pieces drawn/painted from Primary and Secondary sources (getting an abundance of both of these and sticking a lot of them in helps to fill out the pages as well), use your preffered medium for your better work but try and use multiple different mediums (sometimes even repeating the same piece in a different medium) and try not to use too many time consuming mediums and always support your better pieces with smaller pieces in an easy medium just to bolster up the amount of drawings. (Primary source pieces are worth more than secondary and only directly copy artirsts works 1 or 2 times per artist page but dont spend too much time on artist pages in general <- You can also bs a lot about inspiration on these pages) then always stick to your best medium to produce the best work you can especially larger pieces. Hope that helped.

that’s mad helpful thank you so much, you’re an absolute lifesaver!!
would also reccomend collages simple yet effective :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending