The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

Review about the Msc Video Game Development course.

I just received an offer from BCU and wanted to know how good the course is.

I also have offer from City, college of London and Abertay Dundee.

Also how good are the accommodations ?
Original post by Xobtik
I just received an offer from BCU and wanted to know how good the course is.

I also have offer from City, college of London and Abertay Dundee.

Also how good are the accommodations ?

I applied for MSc Enterprise Production & Design as a returning student, having completed a BA Hons in Interactive Entertainment Digital Art (now called BA (Hons) Video Game Digital Art). I know and respect the tutors a lot, and I knew they would be able to offer me the education, contacts and opportunities I need to do what I want to do (be an executive producer!)

Through my undergrad (and now postgrad) I've been a Student Ambassador, helping to answer questions about the course and the School of NTI, and I became the first ever NTI School Representative this year, helping students get their views across to the faculty. I also became Disabled Students Officer, which is great for leadership skills and being able to manage a heavy workload. It's a lot, but the skills I'm learning both through the course and via the extra curricular opportunities are essential to my career path, and give me lots of opportunities to network with a wide variety of people.

The MSc Video Game Development course is really well liked by the development students, it gives you a lot of opportunities to hone those team working skills and get real 'studio' style experience of making games. You work alongside artists, designers and producers to make games on a variety of devices, and it really prepares you for the working world.

Accomodation is plentiful, I have stayed in University Locks, it's a bit on the pricier side of things, but it's literally next door, and has 24 hour security, which is really nice.

Hope that's helpful!

Harriet
MSc Video Game Enterprise, Production and Design student
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending