The Student Room Group

Should Prince Philip be arrested??

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Drewski
I like how everybody instantly knows all the ins and outs of the incident.

Police have investigated. They found no fault. And they have already admitted that road is dangerous.

Driving without a seatbelt is not an arrestable offence.

Maybe not, but you can be fined up to £500 for not wearing one.
https://www.gov.uk/seat-belts-law

If it was any normal person,they would be stopped by police, spoken to and fined accordingly.
But it seems that because of who he is, he hasnt.
Am I the only one who hasn’t a clue what’s happening

Have I missed Prince Phillip crashing a car orrrrr
Original post by Emma:-)
Maybe not, but you can be fined up to £500 for not wearing one.
https://www.gov.uk/seat-belts-law

If it was any normal person,they would be stopped by police, spoken to and fined accordingly.
But it seems that because of who he is, he hasnt.

And, given that the pictures weren't taken by the police and were published in the press first, that wasn't an option.
Once the police became aware of the pictures, they did go and speak to him.
They didn't fine him because there's no proof that he was on public roads at the time.

The police have said all this already. Why keep digging?

All it comes across as is an anti-Royal dig, rather than actually being bothered about road safety. You don't like it because it's Philip, not because of the actual incident.
Original post by Anthos
I agree. But, if he can't be tried, I would at least want him to apologise to the family. Which he hasn't done yet.

Insurance companies do tell you not to apologise or admit anything until they have concluded their investigation. It's silly but in the pedantic world of insurance, you may harm your insurer's defence by indirectly admitting liability.

Original post by Iasonas
Since the incident, it is clear that he should not be driving. To start with, if this wasn't Prince Philip, I'm sure there would've been a court case as the victims suffered cuts and broken bones. Luckily the baby was ok, but to top it all off, he didn't even apologise to the family and was spotted the next day in brand new Range Rover driving without a seat belt! He should have been tried before the court in my opinion, just like everyone else.

While it probably is his fault as it looks like he was pulling onto/across the main road, he won't be charged with anything. At best driving without due care and attention.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Drewski
I like how everybody instantly knows all the ins and outs of the incident.

Police have investigated. They found no fault. And they have already admitted that road is dangerous.

Driving without a seatbelt is not an arrestable offence.

You would have thought after his daughter-in-law died in a car crash and was not wearing a seat belt, he would be one of the first to wear one.

this is the clearest pic you see of DoE; it is not clear if that is a private road or a public highway

but not exactly a place where wearing a seat belt is of the most vital importance

also there is a get-out for people with medical conditions which preclude the wearing of a seat belt; not clear if his injuries put him in this category
(edited 5 years ago)
Yo can’t arrest somebody whenever there is a car accident.
Reply 27
Original post by Fekky.
You're completely delusional, go get some help. Think twice about calling you thick or what? Loosen the arrogance my dear.

That you Philip?
Reply 28
Original post by Iasonas
That you Philip?

At your service.
Original post by Notoriety

this is the clearest pic you see of DoE; it is not clear if that is a private road or a public highway

but not exactly a place where wearing a seat belt is of the most vital importance

also there is a get-out for people with medical conditions which preclude the wearing of a seat belt; not clear if his injuries put him in this category

I'm confused, musn't the driver of the car be wearing a seat belt at all times though?

Edit: Never mind, just saw the edit!
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending