The Student Room Group

Did I do well in my GCSE mock exams? (I am aiming for 7s and above)

English Literature- 6
English Language- 6
Maths- 6
Science- 55 (bio- 6 chem- 5 phys- 5)
Religious studies- 9
History- 9
French- 6
Business- 6
Drama- 6

Scroll to see replies

yeah those are great:grin: as long as you work effectively from here you should be fine:smile: i got a 5 in my december mocks for physics and got a 9 in the real thing- a lot can change if you put the work in:grin: (however don't overwork yourself, you still want to have a life:lol:)
Original post by Toastiekid
yeah those are great:grin: as long as you work effectively from here you should be fine:smile: i got a 5 in my december mocks for physics and got a 9 in the real thing- a lot can change if you put the work in:grin: (however don't overwork yourself, you still want to have a life:lol:)

Thank you
Reply 3

how much revision per day did you do from february? i think we can all take a little motivation from your grades, omfg :tongue:
Original post by s.m999
how much revision per day did you do from february? i think we can all take a little motivation from your grades, omfg :tongue:

I did like 10-30mins on school days till about April (excluding all the extra sessions my school ran after school) and a few hours on weekends.
I didn’t get study leave so I ‘technically’ revised 9-3 at school every day but most weren’t that productive (especially as they were teacher led so we couldn’t choose what we wanted to revise:grumble:) I did an hour or two after school from April -end of May. Highkey lost all motivation in June but the in school revision forced me to do stuff and my friends would get me to do stuff after school:colondollar:
:hugs:
Reply 5
Original post by SomMC1
Studying '10-30mins' will not help anyone lmao.

well @Toastiekid got all 8's and 9's (A*'s) so i guess it did tbh
Original post by s.m999
well @Toastiekid got all 8's and 9's (A*'s) so i guess it did tbh

What was your revision technique?
Original post by Littlegeekgirl_
English Literature- 6
English Language- 6
Maths- 6
Religious studies- 9
History- 9
French- 6
Business- 6
Drama- 6

how did you get a 9 in history?
I did like 10-30mins on school days till about April (excluding all the extra sessions my school ran after school) and a few hours on weekends.
I didn’t get study leave so I ‘technically’ revised 9-3 at school every day but most weren’t that productive (especially as they were teacher led so we couldn’t choose what we wanted to revise:grumble:) I did an hour or two after school from April -end of May. Highkey lost all motivation in June but the in school revision forced me to do stuff and my friends would get me to do stuff after school:colondollar:
:hugs:

mocks are in a month with 20+ exams how do i revise smart?
Original post by huda122
how did you get a 9 in history?

My teacher held a lot of revision classes going through exam structure and I made notes on each topic to learn content and dates
My teacher held a lot of revision classes going through exam structure and I made notes on each topic to learn content and dates

what exam board are you currently doing for history?
Original post by huda122
what exam board are you currently doing for history?

Edexcel. The topics we do are Medicine, Henry VIII, The American West and Weimar and Nazi Germany
Reply 12
English Literature- 6
English Language- 6
Maths- 6
Religious studies- 9
History- 9
French- 6
Business- 6
Drama- 6

Hi there! :smile: Those mock results are really good. I would work on bumping up Chemistry and Physics to at least a 6 - FreeScienceLessons on YouTube is a good revision resource for AQA GCSE Science. Then focus on areas of gaps in your subjects and revise little and often leading up to the exams, don't revise the week before or something like that. Good luck with your studies!
English Literature- 6
English Language- 6
Maths- 6
Religious studies- 9
History- 9
French- 6
Business- 6
Drama- 6

These grades are very good! Try to divide your revision time in proportion to your grades so you can revise effectively from here on!
Original post by thestudent33
These grades are very good! Try to divide your revision time in proportion to your grades so you can revise effectively from here on!

Thank you for the advice!
Original post by SomMC1
Studying '10-30mins' will not help anyone lmao.

To be fair I did have revision sessions afterschool every day for 1-2hours and before school most days for 30-45minutes
What was your revision technique?

I didn’t really have one, I just tried lots of different things until the exam (like mindmaps, using YouTube, exam practise and testing friends) like I never had any technique that clicked with me and made revising easier I just did a mishmash of lots of things:biggrin: I also went to teachers for help on anything I was a tiny bit confused by:colondollar: (I was v annoying lmao)
my friend got a D in her Welsh mock and got an A* in the real thing, anything is possible
Original post by huda122
mocks are in a month with 20+ exams how do i revise smart?

Prioritise subjects you want to do well in/need to do well in over subjects you’re already doing really well in. Like if you know you’re strong in maths but weak in history then dedicate more time to history than maths- I ranked my subjects overall by how much work was needed in each before figuring out when/what I’d do for each:wink:
(Also prioritise by date but don’t forget the ones near the end!)
Original post by mpaprika
my friend got a D in her Welsh mock and got an A* in the real thing, anything is possible

That’s honestly incredible!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending