The Student Room Group

Gcse resits

Hi there. I am currently in year 11 and am sitting my gcse exams starting next week. I am aiming for all grsde 9s, but just for peace of mind, i am wondering; if i end up getting a 7 in a subject, can i retake it? And if i do choose to retake it, and get a 9,then when a university requests a copy of my gcse grades, then can i say i got a 9 in that subject or will i have to specify that i first got a 7 but retook it? Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by Fermat42647
Hi there. I am currently in year 11 and am sitting my gcse exams starting next week. I am aiming for all grsde 9s, but just for peace of mind, i am wondering; if i end up getting a 7 in a subject, can i retake it? And if i do choose to retake it, and get a 9,then when a university requests a copy of my gcse grades, then can i say i got a 9 in that subject or will i have to specify that i first got a 7 but retook it? Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks

well first of
congrates if you get 9s however 7s are not bad at all 7s are very good and you would be waiting time ressiting
you would also pay to resit as collage only pay if you you have failed maths or english
good luck with the exam wish me luck too
Reply 2
Thanks for the reply, but even if i do get 7s, even though i know they are good, would i still be able to get a resit and would the university only see my new grade or my older grade?
Universities will see all grades, but as the other poster says there's nothing wrong with a 7
Reply 4
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
Universities will see all grades, but as the other poster says there's nothing wrong with a 7

Will they also see the original grade, or just the grade I received from when I resat an exam?
Original post by Fermat42647
Will they also see the original grade, or just the grade I received from when I resat an exam?

You have to disclose the original grade as well as the resit grade

Quick Reply

Latest