The Student Room Group

To year 11

I am in year 11 and wondering how many people have started revision for GCSEs yet if you have or haven’t please could you let me know.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I’d get started now or very soon. They’re not far away!
I'm starting the second my annoying illness goes away
Reply 3
Original post by Izzy.kw
I am in year 11 and wondering how many people have started revision for GCSEs yet if you have or haven’t please could you let me know.

started in december x
These upcoming weeks would be a decent time to start if you haven't already. You don't have to start intense revision now. Starting slowly and then picking up the pace around March/April would be a good idea.

Good luck!
I haven’t still because I am waiting for these mocks to get out of the way and I like to wait until the second week of April at least normally as that works best for me.
Reply 6
Yeah I have started small amounts but just wondering who else has
I started a couple of months ago
Reply 8
Original post by Izzy.kw

its best to start asap, like get that stuff in your head quickly so you can just focus on revising later, not having to learn it all again like i did
As soon as you can be bothered.
I am in year 11 and wondering how many people have started revision for GCSEs yet if you have or haven’t please could you let me know

Start now! It doesn't mean you have to lock yourself in your bedroom for 5 hours a night. Even something as simple as looking as your syllabus and targeting areas that you need to improve on can help. For example, algebra in maths may be a weakness. You can start identifying where to find resources/books to help you.
Even just casually skimming over your notes and watching a YouTube video can help
When I took them years ago I started revising in March but my school didn't take IGCSEs very seriously (not in the UK).
Small revision from now on would be great. I never set up a revision timetable - I only revised when a) I got a test result I wasn't happy with, b) a teacher did not go over the content effectively, leading to 'a', or c) it was the week before my final exam.
Obviously, I don't recommend that, because not many people are good at cramming. Little and often from now will do you wonders, and then the month before your first exam I would recommend starting a proper timetable with a good few hours per day dedicated to work.

If you think you need to do more than that, then that's your decision to make and you should make it based on your mock results.
Original post by arigziegler
When I took them years ago I started revising in March but my school didn't take IGCSEs very seriously (not in the UK).

Same! My school's gonna give us study leave a week before the exams? Like wth, that ain't enough time.
Reply 14
Although you have lives to live and you value your own free time, you should revise every single opportunity you get. The more you revise the more you commit to memory, the easier it gets and the less stressful before exams. It's plain common sense.
Original post by Izzy.kw

me to i am in yr 11 and i do it all the time
I am from Tanzania, which is in East Africa, we do IGCSE and my mocks end tomorrow. For me, the method which has worked is studying 2 or 3 weeks before the exams but it varies from person to person, find out your speed and your understanding ability then you can. decide how much time u will need for revision.
Take a week's rest after mocks dont stress too much
I think I started Easter for mine. Don't feel too much pressure or you will lose motivation to work too quickly. :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by Izzy.kw

I think most people have started to revise, I am and teachers say its vital you revise now especially your weak subjects.
i started at the beginning of january, at the moment i'm mainly focusing on my weaker subjects but tbf, they're only three months away. i think everyone should be starting round about now! x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending