The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
ChocolateEyes
I hate my teacher and I'd get him for AH, my Maths teacher is much nicer :smile:

Erm, I actually can't remember, oh yea, it was a fitness club thing I think? Or was that the practice?

practice :smile:
Reply 21
laura-rad
Last year we had booking seats on an airplane, that was not fun!

We had to do that for practice, was a right bow. This year's was much easier, I even had my parameter passing working :smile:
Reply 22
Pesky parameters :tongue:
Reply 23
Hope they come up in the exam though, I know them inside out now, unlike stupid Multimedia. Who cares why Hassan wants to save his cartoon as a JPEG instead of a GIF?
Reply 24
In Advanced Higher they make up new games and you have to work out algorithms or whatever. I spend most of the time trying to work out how to play their stupid games :tongue:
Reply 25
So glad I didn't take it now :biggrin:
Reply 26
All I can remember from Higher is about the data buses and the processor and ADITDEM.
Reply 27
ahh yes, the buses I get :smile: It's eveything like PCM and ADPCM and Interlacing I don't
Pelican
Computing's second nature to me but I loathe it. I didn't even want to take it this year, it was a choice between French, Geography or Computing... Blech.

It's so boring. XD

Anybody else doing AI? I wish we'd done networking, I was looking through past papers and was familiar with most of what was creeping up. AI is all completely new to me. Damn, learning is so annoying!

I'm doing AI! My teacher left on maternity leave after our prelim so we got another teacher for AI and we basically sat on Scholar taking notes and 'peer-assessing' each others work. :s-smilie: Then when he started Prolog, I was in hospital and missed it and haven't been taught it so I'm hoping I get really high marks in the first two sections as I'm going to fall flat on my face in the third :smile: I got 48/60 for my coursework and I was half a mark off a B in my prelim :s-smilie: I got told if I got that in my actual exam I would get an A?
I was actually dead confident I'd get an A but AI kills me so a B wouldn't be so bad :biggrin:
Reply 29
I did the coursework but I don't actually need this subject to get into my uni of choice so I'm just going to see how I feel after AH Chem (which is on the 30th) and if I feel like sitting it I'll revise hard over that weekend. I think I did pretty well in my coursework (56 I think) so I might aswell plus the fact that it's another qualification.
Reply 30
laura-rad
Last year we had booking seats on an airplane, that was not fun!

I'd forgot what it was last year... I enjoyed doing that.. weirdly but I've always managed programming with ease. Good luck to those sitting higher this year, I remember last year finding it really boring to sit and revise for it.
Reply 31
LaurenM1991
I'm doing AI! My teacher left on maternity leave after our prelim so we got another teacher for AI and we basically sat on Scholar taking notes and 'peer-assessing' each others work. :s-smilie: Then when he started Prolog, I was in hospital and missed it and haven't been taught it so I'm hoping I get really high marks in the first two sections as I'm going to fall flat on my face in the third :smile: I got 48/60 for my coursework and I was half a mark off a B in my prelim :s-smilie: I got told if I got that in my actual exam I would get an A?
I was actually dead confident I'd get an A but AI kills me so a B wouldn't be so bad :biggrin:

Seriously, I don't care how a vision system understands a mundane picture of lillies and stupid flowers on water. It just does. SQA, is that not good enough for you? D:

Prolog's alright, although I don't understand what a "recursive" rule is and probably never, ever will.

"Peer-assessing" sucks. Our teacher ranted in front of us about SQA when he found out that standing up in front of the class and talking to us was considered "bad teaching" and refused to do any peer assessments with us.

I think though if your two other sections are strong and you've got that mark in your coursework you should easily acquire an A, even if you do badly in AI. :biggrin:
I haven't got a CLUE about AI tbh. All I can remember is NLP? I don't care about it at all :L Prolog questions are 6 markers though in past papers.. and I have no idea how to write rules or back track or asnything. Ah well. I'm planning to study my ass off for Biology and Computing.. I'm only sitting three exams! 1 down 2 to go haha :wink: Next year's gonnae be a bastard though. (N)
Reply 33
I got 50/60 for the coursework so that'l give me a bit of a headstart :smile:
Prolog questions are an absolute gift! It's just the same thing every year so if you learn it you've got like 14 marks in the bag! Brilliant.
Reply 34
Hey does anyone know how to calculate the percentage you need to get in the exam for an A, if you include your coursework task marks? I got 53..
Reply 35
Last year's A mark was 137.

So, if we take an A this year to be... 138.

That means that you have 62 (!!) marks to lose. If we take into account the 7 marks you have lost there, that means you have 55 marks to lose, meaning you have to get 85/140 for an A : 61%!
Reply 36
meaning I need like 60% :smile:
Reply 37
A part of me wants to really intensely study for a week after History so I can go for 200/200....
Reply 38
Meh, I'm more interested in passing chemistry
Reply 39
computing is real boring, not the fact that its difficult, just too much to learn especially when you are having full class mini putt tournaments while the teacher is rambling on about things which seem totally irrelevant to life lol

anyone know good sites expect scholar?

Latest

Trending

Trending