The Student Room Group

Are my GCSE's good for me to do law?

I'm currently in year 12, and want to study law at university. However, I read that to do law some universities heavily emphasise GCSE's. My GCSE's were as follows:
English lit - 9
English Lang - 7
Maths - 7
German - 9
Combined Science - 5,5
History - 5
Geography 5
They’re fine.
Reply 2
Original post by TheNamesBond.
They’re fine.

Okay, thank you for the reassurance I was worried for a particularly long time.
Reply 3
TBH universities don't think too highly of GCSEs. Your English and German results are pretty spectacular and the others are just fine.Your A levels are the focus.If you do well in them then almost any university will take you in.

Good luck in Sixth Form!!
Reply 4
Original post by Aribe
TBH universities don't think too highly of GCSEs. Your English and German results are pretty spectacular and the others are just fine.Your A levels are the focus.If you do well in them then almost any university will take you in.

Good luck in Sixth Form!!

Thank you!
Reply 5
I applied to 5 unis for an LLB in law and did quite bad in my GCSEs and I got offered 3 scholarships and 2 unconditionals, don't worry about it
Reply 6
You're absolutely fine. The only time it matters is when specific unis (usually top ones like Oxbridge or Warwick) ask for a certain grades in subjects such as Maths and English Language, and a 7 in Maths is definitely enough. What matters is your A Level predictions. Or, if you apply for some universities, they care more about your LNAT mark (if you do it).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending