The Student Room Group

What does an online assistant do at Sainsbury’s?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Arche
I have a interview soon do I’m 17 do you think I can tell them that I wanna work from 6-10 because of my age

I guess you could try and see what they say... I work 6-10 and it’s probably the best shift
Reply 21
On the website is say the shift is from 0200 to 0600 but at the interview can I ask them to change it? Also what did you do
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Arche
On the website is say the shift is from 0200 to 0600 but at the interview can I ask them to change it? Also what did you do

pm’d u :smile:
Original post by StudentAngy
The interview was in 2 parts, the first one was just personal info so stuff like right to work and that. The second part was the actual interview. They asked me “Tell me about yourself” “Define costumer service” “Explain a situation where you showed team work skills” “What makes you suitable for this job”. :smile:
How did you answer the questions
The interview was in 2 parts, the first one was just personal info so stuff like right to work and that. The second part was the actual interview. They asked me “Tell me about yourself” “Define costumer service” “Explain a situation where you showed team work skills” “What makes you suitable for this job”. :smile:

How did you answer the questions "Tell me about yourself" and "What makes you suitable for this job"? I have an interview in two days and I just want to make sure I know what to say if they end up asking me these questions.
Original post by AAWorkerss
How did you answer the questions "Tell me about yourself" and "What makes you suitable for this job"? I have an interview in two days and I just want to make sure I know what to say if they end up asking me these questions.

For the Tell me about yourself question I talked about me being a full time student, what Im studying, what I wanna do in the future, what I was doing before this job (previous work? volunteering? nothing?) and why I want the job.

For the ‘what makes you suitable’ one I just waffled on about me having great team working skills and adaptability ( just choose some job skills u want💀) and said stuff like making sure the quality of food for the customer would be what I would want myself etc...

They’re fairly straightforward questions but don’t worry about them... I had no clue what I applied for when I was at my interview (obvs did a lil research but didn’t know what it would actually look like).
Let me know if you need any more help and good luck! :smile:)
For the Tell me about yourself question I talked about me being a full time student, what Im studying, what I wanna do in the future, what I was doing before this job (previous work? volunteering? nothing?) and why I want the job.

For the ‘what makes you suitable’ one I just waffled on about me having great team working skills and adaptability ( just choose some job skills u want💀) and said stuff like making sure the quality of food for the customer would be what I would want myself etc...

They’re fairly straightforward questions but don’t worry about them... I had no clue what I applied for when I was at my interview (obvs did a lil research but didn’t know what it would actually look like).
Let me know if you need any more help and good luck! :smile:)

Thank you so much this really helped I feel a bit more confident now☺️. When talking about the future and being a full time student is it wise to talk about school and university? I thought talking about wanting to further education was off putting for some employers as they would want you to work for a long time but I have no plans to do that
Original post by AAWorkerss
Thank you so much this really helped I feel a bit more confident now☺️. When talking about the future and being a full time student is it wise to talk about school and university? I thought talking about wanting to further education was off putting for some employers as they would want you to work for a long time but I have no plans to do that

You probably shouldn’t go too much in depth... I just said I’m a full time sixth form student, studying XY and Z, hoping to study X at uni. Just a quick mention of it is fine 😊
So did you get the job then or did you age not allow you?
Hi,

I just had an interview wiht saiinsburys. I was wondering if anyone with the online assistant/online shopper role. What is your extra pay for unsociable hours (12-5am) is it an extra 20p or an extra 2.45? Thanks!!!
Original post by KaiaJune
Hi,

I just had an interview wiht saiinsburys. I was wondering if anyone with the online assistant/online shopper role. What is your extra pay for unsociable hours (12-5am) is it an extra 20p or an extra 2.45? Thanks!!!

1 minute ago
Hi I am new to the GA role I am 38yrs old and I can tell you 12am - 5am is £2.45 or so extra. My hours are 4am - 8am
Original post by willwillard1982
1 minute ago
Hi I am new to the GA role I am 38yrs old and I can tell you 12am - 5am is £2.45 or so extra. My hours are 4am - 8am

Do you work from home? just a bit confused about what the role is on a day to day basis
Reply 32
Hi i have an interview next week what questions are they likely to ask also how was the job x
Original post by Charlie.harris04
Ok thank you

I know this is ages ago, but did you get the job or were they able to change the hours?
Reply 34
"On the website is say the shift is from 0200 to 0600 but at the interview can I ask them to change it? Also what did you do

pm’d u "

i have the same question, do u mind answering
Reply 35
Yo everyone i have a interview for this role im 16 going to be 17 with experience at a farmfoods (another store) and was wondering A) whats the pay for someone my age and B) is the times you get suited to your age? All help is appreciated.
Ngl I don’t think they’d accept only because you’re still16 but still give it a try. They probably will accept u but just not for this role
I have applied for 4-8 am shift. Is there an extra payment of £2.45 or so for this shift as well?
Is there an opportunity to work double shifts on one day? I have uni on Mondays (online) and Tuesdays (face to face) but would still like to work the 20hr shifts
Reply 39
I just went for my interview, and the interviewer actually received new papers that same day.
but to be honest the questions were quite easy / simple, " what would you do if an item that the customer picked, was no longer in stock, and the next available product is on the other side of the store, which would make u late. and " what other time in your career or outside of it, did u have to work in a busy environment, and how did u handle it.

At the start they let you know that just because u haven't experienced it doesn't mean u won't be picked.
I applied for the 4am to 8am which includes the additional £2.45 Premium from 4am to 5am.
Overtime is possible, mainly during holidays like XMAS.
(edited 9 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending