What does an online assistant do at Sainsbury’s? Watch

Anon_234
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hello, I’ve applied as an online assistant at Sainsbury’s and I have an interview this week. I was wondering what does the job consist of?

Thanks
shadowdweller
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Anon_234)
Hello, I’ve applied as an online assistant at Sainsbury’s and I have an interview this week. I was wondering what does the job consist of?

Thanks
I'd recommend looking on Glassdoor and similar to see what people have said about the role! :yep:

You could also try checking out our Sainsbury's thread to see if anyone has already answered this, if you haven't already

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=2647889
Ridgerunner
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I do it part time at present - contracted 20 hours per week 0400 - 0800 x 5 but in practice tend to pick up about 32 or more hours per week at the moment with overtime. Online assistants can be shoppers, drivers or General Assistants. I am employed as a shopper but do more time as a GA now. The shoppers pick the shopping for the online orders, the GAs organise all the shopping ready to go out onto the vans, load the vans, get the paperwork ready etc etc and the drivers deliver the shopping.
TS19801998
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Do you do 4am - 8am ?
Ridgerunner
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I did do; am in my new job now. That or 0500 - 0900 were the usual basic hours for GAs. Shoppers nearly all started at 0400, a few at 0500.
Georginab25
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I’ve got a job as an online assistant starting 2nd September 😬 taking a big risk as it’s only a 12hr contract (usually do at least 20) would you say there’s overtime opportunities with Sainsbury’s like helping out in different departments?
Ridgerunner
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I started on a 16 hour contract, asked for more hours when someone else left so was given a 20 hour contract but routinely worked 28 - 30 hours per week.

A few people used to get overtime on shift too.
lucyfloss
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I’m an online shopper who started on 12 hours and now do 20 contracted but do up to 30 if I do overtime. My store is always looking for overtime but I guess it depends on the store. You can also ask to get trained on checkouts and do that after your online shift x
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (214)
12.55%
Excited (156)
9.15%
Worried (306)
17.95%
Terrified (379)
22.23%
Meh (166)
9.74%
Confused (37)
2.17%