The Student Room Group

AQA A-level Geography 7037 - Paper 1 - 22nd May 2019

Scroll to see replies

we did one lesson mentioning el nina and el nino but i know nothing about them though! not sure how relevant they are. for explaining the cause of the victoria wildfre you i guess mention the el nino, 40 degree heat, 100 kmh winds and eucalyptus trees which have highly flamable leaves. thats probaby ample
Original post by PumpkinCastle
Okay, I won't spend too much time on it then. Thanks for replying :smile:
How many case studies does everyone have on the water and carbon side. I have the amazon rainforest and the river derwent- but neither in much detail. if anyone could share some water and carbon case study notes i would love them forever.
How is every revising for it as of now?
Original post by janellelamptey

I started but i feel ill w few days ago. I've been using CGP and it's mad
so your just going though content ? cos i’m so stuck on how to revise for it now
so your just going though content ? cos i’m so stuck on how to revise for it now

I knew q bit. trust me buy the CGp complete revision and practice and you'll be gucci
ahhhh it’s so close idk if it will come in time i’m stressing you’ve legit got me stressed now 😭😂
Original post by jimsterjam
yeah thats what our teacher said, but also to include any overall trends. I guess thats implied when you said about including anomalies just thought id add :smile:

Yeah. The thing is even when I include all of this I usually get like 4/6 max
Original post by Fighter365
Yeah. The thing is even when I include all of this I usually get like 4/6 max

For 6 markers , it’s a O- overall P-pattern P-place A- anomalies D-data if you analyse all of that you will get 6/6 all the time
just trying to cram as much of the case studies as i can since you can pretty much use them as AO1 for every question apart from 4 markers.
Reply 90
How many case studies does everyone have on the water and carbon side. I have the amazon rainforest and the river derwent- but neither in much detail. if anyone could share some water and carbon case study notes i would love them forever.

We did the Amazon Rainforest but not that river. I can give you the link to some pages about the Amazon Rainforest from a textbook if that helps?
Link: Amazon Rain-forest Case Study
Reply 91
Guys does anyone have good 20 markers they would be willing to share?
Original post by Jashby_
We did the Amazon Rainforest but not that river. I can give you the link to some pages about the Amazon Rainforest from a textbook if that helps?

http://www.coolgeography.co.uk/advanced/Tropical_rainforest_casestudy.php
Original post by Amerso
Guys does anyone have good 20 markers they would be willing to share?

I’d just advise specimen papers and past papers, I’ve found it’s difficult to find 20 markers that are written the same as the exam board. All the ones I’ve found are far more basic than the exam board release.
Did you do any other case studies for Water and Carbon?? Thanks btw :smile:
Original post by Jashby_
Oh thats acc sick lol cheers. Do we need any other case studies for Water&Carbon?
Oh thats acc sick lol cheers. Do we need any other case studies for Water&Carbon?

I think you need information on a river and how nature and human causes affect the local water cycle
For 6 markers , it’s a O- overall P-pattern P-place A- anomalies D-data if you analyse all of that you will get 6/6 all the time

Hi, was just wondering if you could explain this a bit more? What's the difference between overall, pattern and data?
Original post by PumpkinCastle
Hi, was just wondering if you could explain this a bit more? What's the difference between overall, pattern and data?

So overall is the holistic trend in the data so if it rises and if it falls basically if it gets bigger or smaller then pattern is the general patterns in the trend so if in two years there is a consistent trend comment on it because it’s a pattern and data is just manipulation of data so calculating like the average of the data set and mentioning the figures and the w actual data values
So overall is the holistic trend in the data so if it rises and if it falls basically if it gets bigger or smaller then pattern is the general patterns in the trend so if in two years there is a consistent trend comment on it because it’s a pattern and data is just manipulation of data so calculating like the average of the data set and mentioning the figures and the w actual data values

Okay - thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending