The Student Room Group

What does everyone want from Brexit ? You have 4 options

Scroll to see replies

Original post by artful_lounger
Wow what an unbelievably biased presentation of "options" lmao

I think a career at the Daily Mail is awaiting...or looming :x

I saw it and couldnt be bothered due to the bias. be great if they submit this quality of work on real life.
Reply 21
Original post by Burton Bridge
Aww another for the master plan,

Rigging the result to purposely splitting the leave vote between deal and no deal and keeping the remain vote united. Fairnesss.. :banghead:

A Norway plus deal is not a compromise, I think the entire country would rather remain than this. Its utterly pointless

You're entitled to your opinion like everyone else. Personally, your claims of people "rigging the result to purposely split[ting] the leave vote between deal and no deal and keeping the remain vote united" isn't a very good argument. I said explicitly in my post that I don't support cancelling Brexit without a People's Vote/Second Referendum as that would be a very undemocratic thing to do. Speaking of a People's Vote/Second Referendum, a lot has changed since the original EU referendum vote in 2015 as we now know a lot more about the possible ramifications of Brexit and how Theresa May has handled the Brexit negotiations and people may well have changed their views and deserve another say in the Brexit process. Why should the British people be denied a second say in the Brexit process when Theresa May has went from saying "any deal is better than a bad deal" to "any deal is better than no deal"? That alone says a lot. Regarding your point about "a Norway plus deal is not a compromise", that's your view but the way I see it, it's the most ideal situation as it eradicates the Irish backstop problem, it gives businesses and people certainty in our economy as we remain a member of the Single Market and Customs Union and we're no longer bound by the ECJ but we still have some form of European jurisdication through the EEA. So in essence, I guess you could say it's a "compromise" - at least that's what I believe in.

P.S. I will not be making any further responses as I only wanted to express my views on what I want on Brexit and I'm not interested in having an on-going debate as I don't have the time. :smile:
Pmsl How's that fair?

I don't care about you're moaning, grow up and look for a compromise

Well I don't see what else is going to work. Asking people to vote again is a lot different just blankly saying 'fk you, no brexit' as much as it's what I'd LIKE.

I don't really care much for your boorish pedantry either. :smile:
Original post by StriderHort
Well I don't see what else is going to work. Asking people to vote again is a lot different just blankly saying 'fk you, no brexit' as much as it's what I'd LIKE.

I don't really care much for your boorish pedantry either. :smile:

And when you get a 55 45 result?

55% remain - yay cancel brexit

55 leave - cry the blues and moan that 17 year old could not vote....

Grrr
(edited 5 years ago)
And when you get a 55 45 result?

55% remain - yay cancel brexit

55 leave - cry the blues and moan that 17 year old could not vote....

Grrr

Only fools would make such a decision on a straight majority, it's almost like I might have had more respect for this 'democratic process' if it hadn't of been so badly carried out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending