The Student Room Group

RAF CBAT, change role?

If you dont get the required score for the role you have applied for during the CBAT testing, but you do pass on something else, is it possible to continue your application forward for this other role? Or do you have to start your application again? The reason I ask is because I have applied for the role of Pilot and I understand just how competitive such a role is, and knowing I can fall back onto another role without having a significant delay would be fanatastic. Obviously I will try my best either way, Im just looking for any oportunites throughout the slection proccess, as ideally I want to join the RAF as soon as possible. Any advice on this matter, and indeed the CBAT testing in general will be greatly appreciated thank you.
Original post by 568
If you dont get the required score for the role you have applied for during the CBAT testing, but you do pass on something else, is it possible to continue your application forward for this other role? Or do you have to start your application again? The reason I ask is because I have applied for the role of Pilot and I understand just how competitive such a role is, and knowing I can fall back onto another role without having a significant delay would be fanatastic. Obviously I will try my best either way, Im just looking for any oportunites throughout the slection proccess, as ideally I want to join the RAF as soon as possible. Any advice on this matter, and indeed the CBAT testing in general will be greatly appreciated thank you.

Hi

Yes, that's exactly what will happen. You'll be advised on the roles you have scored for and the options available to you going forward. However, be advised that the entire application process will take anywhere between 3-9 months to complete whichever role you apply for. Also, you should apply for a role that you really want to do as you could be doing it for a long time, so it needs to be right. There's no point in just applying for whichever role gets you into the RAF as fast as possible and then hating what you do once in service.

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment
Yes after you’ve completed the tests, you’ll get a debrief before you leave. They’ll advise you on how you scored, and what your options are.

Edited for grammar.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest