The Student Room Group

Maintenance loan

So because of all the over time my parents did this year they earned a lot more than expected. I was planned on a higher maintenance loan and now cannot afford any of the accommodation + food for the year. I was planning to get a job anyway but to make up the difference I’d need to work at least 25 hours a week on £7.38 an hour which places don’t have to pay me as I’m under 25. I’m freaking out a bit as this leaves me with only one choice of uni which is in travelling distance (1 hour by train) from my house. Is it possible to work that much and still come out with a first or 2:1?
Original post by HobbinsE
So because of all the over time my parents did this year they earned a lot more than expected. I was planned on a higher maintenance loan and now cannot afford any of the accommodation + food for the year. I was planning to get a job anyway but to make up the difference I’d need to work at least 25 hours a week on £7.38 an hour which places don’t have to pay me as I’m under 25. I’m freaking out a bit as this leaves me with only one choice of uni which is in travelling distance (1 hour by train) from my house. Is it possible to work that much and still come out with a first or 2:1?

Are your parents able to contribute anything at all to help you? Have you checked if there's any cheaper accomodation in the private sector?
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
Are your parents able to contribute anything at all to help you? Have you checked if there's any cheaper accomodation in the private sector?

They’re helping my brother out a lot as he’s got a new baby on the way (due October) and they can’t afford to help both of us. Looking at the private sectors a good idea, I’ll look now thank you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending