The Student Room Group

Student finance after dropping out of uni

I dropped out of uni in December and I have to pay £700 to pay for a month's rent to end my tenancy. I read that I am entitled to the maintenance loan that covers until when I am no longer officially enrolled/the end of my tenancy agreement. My maintenance loan is still getting paid as I was told the university sorts out cancelling it. I was just wondering, would I be entitled to the months rent from my maintenance loan or do I have to pay it out of my own pocket? And does my uni actually stop my maintenance loan or do I have to get in touch with SFE and do it myself?

It may be a very silly question but I am very lost at the moment due to a lack of communication from the university.
Original post by Lx_chxrlx_2004
I dropped out of uni in December and I have to pay £700 to pay for a month's rent to end my tenancy. I read that I am entitled to the maintenance loan that covers until when I am no longer officially enrolled/the end of my tenancy agreement. My maintenance loan is still getting paid as I was told the university sorts out cancelling it. I was just wondering, would I be entitled to the months rent from my maintenance loan or do I have to pay it out of my own pocket? And does my uni actually stop my maintenance loan or do I have to get in touch with SFE and do it myself?

It may be a very silly question but I am very lost at the moment due to a lack of communication from the university.

Your uni should inform student finance once your withdrawal is processed. If you withdrew before January, then it is possibe that some of your first-term's maintenance loan will be repayable immediately (your maintenance loan is calculated to cover term time and holidays so it would be a pro-rata deduction depending on your formal withdrawal date). Contact your uni and ask what your formal withdrawal date is. If it before this term's start date, you won't be entitled to your next maintenance loan installment and you will be asked to repay it.
Original post by normaw
Your uni should inform student finance once your withdrawal is processed. If you withdrew before January, then it is possibe that some of your first-term's maintenance loan will be repayable immediately (your maintenance loan is calculated to cover term time and holidays so it would be a pro-rata deduction depending on your formal withdrawal date). Contact your uni and ask what your formal withdrawal date is. If it before this term's start date, you won't be entitled to your next maintenance loan installment and you will be asked to repay it.

Thank you so much. This has really helped

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending