The Student Room Group

Getting into University.

Can I still go into a specific University if the website says "No" to some courses that I am studying in A level?
At the moment, I am studying Digital Media (Vocational), ICT (Vocational), EPQ and Computer Science (A level).
I have looked at the University; Manchester Metropolitan University. On their "Entry Requirements" section, it states that they do NOT ACCEPT "Digital media and ICT".
Can I still get into MMU or am I completely unable to get in?...
Original post by jasonyex07
Can I still go into a specific University if the website says "No" to some courses that I am studying in A level?
At the moment, I am studying Digital Media (Vocational), ICT (Vocational), EPQ and Computer Science (A level).
I have looked at the University; Manchester Metropolitan University. On their "Entry Requirements" section, it states that they do NOT ACCEPT "Digital media and ICT".

If it says no on their website then i'd say they wouldn't accept you, you should check if they have a foundation year option that you could do.
Original post by claireestelle
If it says no on their website then i'd say they wouldn't accept you, you should check if they have a foundation year option that you could do.

I see. I don't quite understand why they do not accept those subjects though, other Universities such as Uni of Liverpool and Uni of Lancaster both accept those subjects and they are better than MMU...
I see. I don't quite understand why they do not accept those subjects though, other Universities such as Uni of Liverpool and Uni of Lancaster both accept those subjects and they are better than MMU...

there's no harm in emailing to ensure that they mean your qualifications but some universities are just a bit particular.
hmm I would probably try to email them... I don't exactly want to do a foundation year because I feel like it'll be a waste of time whereas I could be studying on the actual course in year 1. Thanks for your help.
Original post by claireestelle
there's no harm in emailing to ensure that they mean your qualifications but some universities are just a bit particular.
hmm I would probably try to email them... I don't exactly want to do a foundation year because I feel like it'll be a waste of time whereas I could be studying on the actual course in year 1. Thanks for your help.

i can understand that, no problem, let me know if i can help more.

I'm pretty sure they mean that it doesn't count towards your final A-Level score. It would be as if you never took that A-Level.
Original post by Alessandro_Nerla
I'm pretty sure they mean that it doesn't count towards your final A-Level score. It would be as if you never took that A-Level.

Sorry, but could you re-explain that to me please? I don't quite understand what you mean.
Sorry, but could you re-explain that to me please? I don't quite understand what you mean.

I might be wrong but from what I know, when a uni says that they don't accept a certain A-Level it means that it doesn't count towards entry requirements.

For example:
Let's say a uni's requirements are A*AA but they don't accept X subject.
Let's suppose you have an A* in X, 2 As and a B in other subjects; you wouldn't fit the entry requirements as for the uni that doesn't accept X it is as if you only have 2 As and a B.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending