The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

The correct answer for 21. a) is 42m

the correct answer for 26.b) (ii) is -2.1 v
Reply 21
I got the exact same as Billy and eyeliner for the multiple choice. Good signs I guess. :biggrin:
Reply 22
I think i put yellow for that question. Well the one the was to the right. Then i put because it is a negative volate. Just a pure guess though
Reply 23
I got the exact same answers as Billy for multi choice.

I also got -2.1V for 26(b)(ii)

I thought it was a good paper :]
My teacher said the multi choice was quite easy but the written section was harder
Reply 24
Why is -2.1V for 26 b ii)?
Reply 25
Ignore last Post :biggrin:
Reply 26
The LED question was to do with which direction the voltage was going in (voltage? charge? current? I have no idea) and since an LED only lights when connected properly..
Reply 27
Because V2 was like 7.2v and V1 was 7.5v (can't remember exact figures). So V2-V1 give a negative answer
Reply 28
I think they wanted you to think about the diodes in terms of forward and reverse bias. If that's the case then the yellow LED is connected forward bias (due to negative voltage) and the Blue LED is connected reverse bias. Hence on the yellow one can conduct and light.
Reply 29
Thats roughly something that I got ^^
Reply 30
What did everyone get for the ray of light queestion that asked you what point the ray for refract at .. x, y or z?
Reply 31
Cw.x
What did everyone get for the ray of light queestion that asked you what point the ray for refract at .. x, y or z?

I said Y but I think it was X, looking back.
Reply 32
I said Y as well
Reply 33
because the angle was the same going in from air. Then would it not be th angle inside the medium that would change and thee refractive index. But when it comes out of the medium the angle would be the same ??
Thats roughly how i justified it
Reply 34
Cw.x
Thats roughly something that I got ^^

I basically had that idea. But then I went and messed up the directions so that I got blue as lighting >_<

The refraction question -

X - as blue light has a higher refractive index than red, hence angle of refraction is smaller, and beam would end up at X
Reply 35
I said Y then changed it to X.

It was only a one marker, and my reasonings for Y were huge, so scored it out, mumbled something about different wavelengths and put down X.

I love being inarticulate. D:
Reply 36
Whilst not too horrible, I didn't think that this paper was too easy. The multiple choice seemed fair but one or two of the contexts were a bit dodgy.

Multiple Choice

1. D
2. A
3. B
4. C
5. D
6. C
7. D
8. E
9. E
10. D
11. A
12. B
13.E
14. E (can someone show me how this is C? i bet its something really stupid i've done)
15. A
16. B
17. B
18. C
19. D (should be C i reckon)
20. D

Extended Response:

21 a) 42m
b) Speed less?
c) ii 15.9ohms?

22 a) i 196N
ii i put 436N, but i know it should be 44N

b) i Still carries on up the slope for 0.5s?

ii) accelerations of -6 and -4ms-2
graph all under x axis

iii) Fun smaller, same mass, smaller a?

23 a) i 2.685x10^6 Pa
ii) As volume would increase to accomodate this rise in pressure, the density will fall?

b)i 1.13kg
ii Volume great - less collisions - less force on side - less pressure

c) i said "gas is left in container", but the answer probably is "atmospheric pressure.

24 a) i 4ohm
ii 0.75A
iii 2.25W?

b) Decreases as current will fall, leading to smaller power output yadda yadda yadda

25 a) 1 coulomb of charge per volt and so on

b) i 3.4v
ii 2125ohm
iii 150 microfarads

c) Less than as larger initial charging current

26 a) 0.48wm^-2
b) ii I got 2.1 v, but this should be -2.1v
iii. As above answer wrong, i said yellow LED would light due to it being forward biased - the reverse would be true - wrong physics ahoy :frown:

27a) i 17degrees
ii 388nm

b) X (smaller wavelength?)

28 a) 25wm^-2

b) I went into a wee story involving percentage errors - i said that it could not be considered a point source. Anyone agree?

29 a) 3.44x10^-19

b) As frequency is not changed

30 a) i 1200 decays per second

ii 25cpm

b) i 0.03msv
ii 2000
Reply 37
I said Y and mumbled on about blue bends more shown in spectrum from prisms with higher refractive index ect ect... I fully expected to be wrong as it was a guess :P
Reply 38
Did nobody else put Y and justify it by saying that the angle in air is the same as before therefore it will come back out into air the same angle as it went in. No matter what the colour?

Please say someone did lol :L
Reply 39
For 14 I had no idea if what I did was correct, but...

pd = n x wavelength yes?
It says the P is a maximum and Q is the next maximum, so that was like going from the centre to the first order maximum or something, so n = 1
p.d = 1 x wavelength so
p.d = wavelength.

Cw.x I said that at first and I'd probably have kept it had it been worth more than 1 mark.

Latest

Trending

Trending