The Student Room Group

Regret popping my cherry

I’ve grown up in a Muslim family where pooping your cherry is seen as losing your virginity. I’ve always told myself that I’m gonna keep my virginity till marriage. I have a boyfriend and we’ve been dating for 7 months . I’ve been extremely sexual with him and no , he hasn’t forced me into it , it’s mutual . I’ve given him head , and today I got fingered . He popped my cherry and at first I was really happy because it felt nice but after I saw the blood I started feeling so so Guilty and realised I disappointed my family and they don’t even know . Say if I don’t end up marrying my bf and I wanna marry a religious Muslim man but my cherry has already been popped then what happens :frown:. I feel so so guilty. We haven’t had sex and I’m a virgin but I still feel so sad . Please advice me.
sis there's no such thing as 'popping your cherry'.
Before I say anything, I want to clarify that I'm not religious, and I do not intend to cause offence, just to provide information.

I'm assuming when you say 'popping your cherry', you mean stretching your hymen? If the hymen is stretched, it does not mean that you are not a virgin. The hymen tends to stretch over time, especially if you use tampons or do activities such as horse riding and cycling. It often happens as you get older without you even being aware of it.

The myth that the hymen is the only marker of virginity is very outdated and totally untrue. I understand that in some religions this is still widely believed and it seems to cause a lot of stress. Please try not to overthink it though and don't feel guilty.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I’ve grown up in a Muslim family where pooping your cherry is seen as losing your virginity. I’ve always told myself that I’m gonna keep my virginity till marriage. I have a boyfriend and we’ve been dating for 7 months . I’ve been extremely sexual with him and no , he hasn’t forced me into it , it’s mutual . I’ve given him head , and today I got fingered . He popped my cherry and at first I was really happy because it felt nice but after I saw the blood I started feeling so so Guilty and realised I disappointed my family and they don’t even know . Say if I don’t end up marrying my bf and I wanna marry a religious Muslim man but my cherry has already been popped then what happens :frown:. I feel so so guilty. We haven’t had sex and I’m a virgin but I still feel so sad . Please advice me.

no man finds out unless you tell them. so don't worry.
What does popping your cherry mean?
Original post by Anonymous
sis there's no such thing as 'popping your cherry'.

yes there is... it’s called losing ur virginity
To me, the expression 'popping your cherry' sounds just a little bit too chavvy for my liking. :colonhash:
Original post by CHANELDIAMONDS
yes there is... it’s called losing ur virginity

but OP hasn't lost her virginity
Original post by black tea
but OP hasn't lost her virginity

or it means breaking of the hymen
Reply 9
it means that u start bleeding when the hymen is stretched
I feel bad for the guy that he didn't get laid when he fingered a whole woman but ok...
Original post by Unexpectedly
To me, the expression 'popping your cherry' sounds just a little bit too chavvy for my liking. :colonhash:

You sound a little bit like a twat saying that, sorry
Pooping your cherry 🤣
Original post by Bang Outta Order
I feel bad for the guy that he didn't get laid when he fingered a whole woman but ok...

woah your cute

Latest