The Student Room Group

Who is more violent and aggressive ? The remainers or leavers

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nalk1573
back on topic, I say the remainers.

They look down on people as inferior and are very passive aggressive towards people and condescending. They also threaten people.

Leavers seem full of optimism and joy and opportunities.

The second scentence is also a perfect description of leavers.

Sorry.

This is such a pointless thread. Of course people are going to say that the side that doesn't align with their beliefs are the most aggresive or violent side.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Prussianxo
1. I specifically said 'either' meaning some nationalists (or ultra-nationalists) want the empire back such as our good friend with the Union Jack as his profile picture.
2. I definitely wouldn't say it's one of the least corrupt countries in the world, everything is done for personal gain, but that's getting away from the original debate.
3. I know every country ignores what's happening around the world, it's just ironic that many people proclaim Britain to be the saviour of European Jews but we only intervened because Germany directly threatened us. Why are people so quick to say we are saviours and a great country when the Rwandan genocide was completely ignored, there are concentration camps in China and Britain pretty much caused or contributed to problems in the middle East,
4. I'm not saying I don't appreciate what I have, I know I'm lucky but I feel we focus on the 'achievements'(I'm not sure if that's the right word for my point) rather than focusing on improvements and catching up to other society's such as the Scandinavian countries, which I feel are the best in the world.

1. "I don't like nationalists because they either wish for the empire to come back, or are very uneducated" the either suggests nationalists (or ultra nationalists) either want the empire back or are uneducated, as if those were the only two descriptions you could use for a nationalist. Most nationalists are neither.
2. It's 11th least corrupt in the world according to the Corruption Index, with the ones above being countries such as Sweden, Finland etc. which have tiny populations and tiny economies
3. Britain intervened because of a treaty made with Poland that said we would intervene. Britain have been on the right side of both world wars and were instrumental in both, Rwanda was the issue of Belgium, not us. China is most of the largest countries in the world (i think 2nd if i recall correctly) and has the biggest economy, we already place sanctions on China. What do you want us to do? Invade China? We would be demolished. Yes, Britain did contribute to issues in the Middle East, so have a host of other countries, it doesn't mean we shouldn't be proud of Britain. This whole point suggests we shouldn't be proud of Britain... because they aren't acting like the world police. That would cost way too much, we don't have the resources and, honestly, it ins't our problem - were two world wars not enough? We give the 3rd most amount of foreign aid to other countries in the world.
4. You should only judge someone on their achievements vs failures, there are more positives about britain (a lot more) than negative. Scandinavian countries have practically zero ethnic diversity and tiny populations, it simply can't be compared to Britain because they're completely different circumstances.
Original post by the bear
immaturity and a desire to be unhelpful are the hallmarks of Brexitism, ergo they should be reflected in our posts.

That's rather immature and unhelpful of you.
Original post by DaQuestioner
Oh, I don't know... maybe this:

Most people are capable of seeing the faults in something, even if they support it. Just because you are a remainer doesn't mean you should blindly support it and sacrifice logic, which is what many remainers do to be honest (ergo, labelling Brexiteers racist)
Original post by That'sGreat
That's rather immature and unhelpful of you.

thanks... i will have a great future in Brexit Bri'un

tsrbrexiteers.jpg
Most people are capable of seeing the faults in something, even if they support it. Just because you are a remainer doesn't mean you should blindly support it and sacrifice logic, which is what many remainers do to be honest (ergo, labelling Brexiteers racist)

What makes you think I am blindly supporting it and sacrificing logic? That's exactly what OP did. I never expressed my views on this topic at all. You ought to be telling them, not me.
What makes you think I am blindly supporting it and sacrificing logic? That's exactly what OP did. I never expressed my views on this topic at all. You ought to be telling them, not me.

Because you think Nalk has to be Brexiteer because he criticised Remainers...
Usually means the person is either a nationalist or an ultra-nationalist. I don't like either

I guess that means all the people attending marches with EU flags painted on their faces are ultranationalists too, then?

There are idiots on both sides of the debate. Having said that, I have seen far more belittling of opinions and general hate being thrown out of the Remain camp since the referendum, as this thread quite aptly demonstrates. Looking at the way you’ve conducted yourself in your posts, it appears that you are unfortunately one of these people. If you think someone is wrong then engage with them maturely, rather than calling them ignorant or uneducated. That doesn’t help anybody.

(And just to clarify, since people have a tendency to jump to conclusions whenever someone disagrees with them, I have not expressed my personal views regarding Brexit here, I am only making an observation)
Well, if they really are a remainer, then they would still make some effort to criticise leavers as this is what their views oppose.
Because you think Nalk has to be Brexiteer because he criticised Remainers...

Also, whoa... did you just assume this person's gender?
Well, if they really are a remainer, then they would still make some effort to criticise leavers as this is what their views oppose.

Also, whoa... did you just assume this person's gender?

Why? This thread isn't attacking the political views of people, it is attacking the attitude of the people in these groups. So you're saying just because you support one viewpoint, you would attack the attitude, even if not accurate, of someone who had a different opinion.

Yeah, I would usually refer to an anonymous person as a he instinctively, as do a lot of people.
Fair point. But one could argue it makes all of the countries more competitive by placing them on a similar playing field.

In theory it does but in practice the Germans practically own the EU, those with higher value currencies find their industry leaving to cheaper member states, better educated people in poorer states leaving for richer and since not all people's are equal many are unable to compete with the Germans on efficiency at the Euros current value causing many particularly in the Mediterranean countries to suffer and there's the debt issue, indebted Eurozone countries can't leave without significant financial hardship effectively muzzling them.
1. I specifically said 'either' meaning some nationalists (or ultra-nationalists) want the empire back such as our good friend with the Union Jack as his profile picture.
2. I definitely wouldn't say it's one of the least corrupt countries in the world, everything is done for personal gain, but that's getting away from the original debate.
3. I know every country ignores what's happening around the world, it's just ironic that many people proclaim Britain to be the saviour of European Jews but we only intervened because Germany directly threatened us. Why are people so quick to say we are saviours and a great country when the Rwandan genocide was completely ignored, there are concentration camps in China and Britain pretty much caused or contributed to problems in the middle East,
4. I'm not saying I don't appreciate what I have, I know I'm lucky but I feel we focus on the 'achievements'(I'm not sure if that's the right word for my point) rather than focusing on improvements and catching up to other society's such as the Scandinavian countries, which I feel are the best in the world.

well despite the fact that "everything is done for personal gain" pretty much everyone here seems to be living a good life.

And no we were not the saviors of European jews, we were the savior of the world 3 times. We sacrificed our empire to defend the world from France (napoleonic wars) and Germany (obvious). The concentration camps in China have nothing to do with us and the problems in the middle east could have been somewhat solved if we continued our rule over the area instead of giving it to corrupt rulers and warlords.
Why? This thread isn't attacking the political views of people, it is attacking the attitude of the people in these groups. So you're saying just because you support one viewpoint, you would attack the attitude, even if not accurate, of someone who had a different opinion.

Yeah, I would usually refer to an anonymous person as a he instinctively, as do a lot of people.

No, I am saying that if they are a remainer, why would they attack their own viewpoint and glorify the other?
Original post by Deacon's Blue
Most remoaners are fascist thugs and traitors to our ground nation.

"Fascism is a form of radical, right-wing, authoritarian ultranationalism, characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition, and strong regimentation of society and of the economy, which came to prominence in early 20th-century Europe."

The vast majority of remainers are left-wing. Also it's pretty much irrelevant to use the word "fascist" for anything nowadays.
No, I am saying that if they are a remainer, why would they attack their own viewpoint and glorify the other?

They aren't attacking their own viewpoint. They are attacking people, who also happen to share his viewpoint.
You get the point. Now you don't know what to say so you're just nitpicking.
They aren't attacking their own viewpoint. They are attacking people, who also happen to share his viewpoint.
You get the point. Now you don't know what to say so you're just nitpicking.

Not really, the person is talking about people not beliefs. I'm don't know how to explain it any simpler. Just because you don't have an opinion doesn't mean you can't respect the people with different opinions, or realise that people with the same opinion as yourself can be s**theads.
I think this comment proves that there are just as many idiots in the Remain camp as there are in the Leave Camp.

What other reasons would drive a person to vote Brexit? It is either due to the misconception that people from all social groups would thrive better if the UK left the EU (ignorance), or the recognition that people would suffer as a result of it and preferring this (a less moral attitude).

I’m right, sorry hun.
Brexit has divided this country more than anything else in years if not decades. Most Leavers do not wish to accept that the basis of the argument to leave has been shown to be false or overtaken by events.
Whats the point of this thread. Leavers will say the remainers are aggressive and vice versa.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending