The Student Room Group

delayed graduation

im in my third year and am due to graduate this summer. My graduation is in July but I have an assignment that I got a deferral on so it is due in July also. Does anyone know if I'll still graduate in July without a grade or if it will be at a later date?
Original post by geex12
im in my third year and am due to graduate this summer. My graduation is in July but I have an assignment that I got a deferral on so it is due in July also. Does anyone know if I'll still graduate in July without a grade or if it will be at a later date?

You need to ask registry as they decide about graduation. Imo as you will not have the 360 credits required to pass, then its likely to be in the next cycle Winter/ New Year 2019/2020. You can ask them if you can attend the ceremony so you can graduate with your friends on 340 credits, but I would expect them to say no.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
You need to ask registry as they decide about graduation. Imo as you will not have the 360 credits required to pass, then its likely to be in the next cycle Winter/ New Year 2019/2020. You can ask them if you can attend the ceremony so you can graduate with your friends on 340 credits, but I would expect them to say no.

I spoke to them and the lady didn't seem quite sure herself lol, she just said it will probably be deferred but said that there's a possibility that if I submit earlier, then it's possible to graduate in the summer. But, I call back up tomorrow to ask my supervisor anyway. Thanks for the response!
Original post by geex12
I spoke to them and the lady didn't seem quite sure herself lol, she just said it will probably be deferred but said that there's a possibility that if I submit earlier, then it's possible to graduate in the summer. But, I call back up tomorrow to ask my supervisor anyway. Thanks for the response!

Registry will know, so I hope you spoke to them. Yes I thought if you handed it in earlier then maybe they could mark it earlier.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending