The Student Room Group

A Level Subjects

I’ve picked Biology, Psychology and Economics as my A Level subject combo. Thinking of having Literature as a fourth subject that I may drop after AS. How is my combination? Is the fourth subject option a good idea? Is the workload manageable?

I want to study marketing or psychology after A Levels.
Original post by AmnaS4387
I’ve picked Biology, Psychology and Economics as my A Level subject combo. Thinking of having Literature as a fourth subject that I may drop after AS. How is my combination? Is the fourth subject option a good idea? Is the workload manageable?

I want to study marketing or psychology after A Levels.

The combo is fine for Psychology or Marketing but you won't need 4 A levels to get into uni so I'm not sure it's a good idea. Some people start with 4 and drop one by about Christmas....but your other 3 subjects are more useful for your career goals than English Lit
Reply 2
Original post by harrysbar
The combo is fine for Psychology or Marketing but you won't need 4 A levels to get into uni so I'm not sure it's a good idea. Some people start with 4 and drop one by about Christmas....but your other 3 subjects are more useful for your career goals than English Lit

So I’ll just take these three then? Should I not take a fourth subject at all or pick another one?
So I’ll just take these three then? Should I not take a fourth subject at all or pick another one?

It's not necessary to do 4 and it's easier to get higher grades with 3 than 4 so I would pick 3 personally. Some people pick 4 because there are too many subjects they enjoy and they struggle to give one up, but 3 is the normal number and you won't be disadvantaged by it.
Reply 4
Original post by harrysbar
It's not necessary to do 4 and it's easier to get higher grades with 3 than 4 so I would pick 3 personally. Some people pick 4 because there are too many subjects they enjoy and they struggle to give one up, but 3 is the normal number and you won't be disadvantaged by it.

Ok thank you :-) Is Bio, Psych, Econ a strong combination though or should i switch something?
Ok thank you :-) Is Bio, Psych, Econ a strong combination though or should i switch something?

The Bio and Psych will be an excellent combo for Psychology and the Economics will be useful for Marketing so yeah....they're great as they are. You are also likely to need a good GCSE pass in Maths

Quick Reply

Latest