The Student Room Group

Learning content isn't revision?

I read on twitter that someone said learning content isn't revision.
So what is it then? Cos I'm spending Easter Holidays revising content & adding to notes then after Easter doing past paper questions(doing A-Levels btw).
Someone put my mind at ease here :frown:
what they mean by that is the stage of learning all the content is pointless/ineffective if you have not be able to apply them in questions or if you dont know how to structure the exams questions or where the marks are gained
Reply 2
Okay so is my revision plan okay?
Original post by Studybuddy24/7
what they mean by that is the stage of learning all the content is pointless/ineffective if you have not be able to apply them in questions or if you dont know how to structure the exams questions or where the marks are gained
You gotta do more questions trust me
There's a lot of resources online to help:smile:
Reply 5
Is it too late to do exam questions after Easter?
I've been doing loadssssssss in class for English Lit and sat both papers in school during the hols.
I've done a few for sociology too but wanted to do the bulk of them after I've learnt all the content.

Y'all scaring me now...
Original post by Api00
Okay so is my revision plan okay?

yes
you're fine trust me just as long as you understand all the content:smile: good luck!!
Reply 8
Thankyou!
I call BS. 99% of my revision is learning content and I've always done well academically.
Reply 10
I associate learning content with discovering/learning about something which I didn't know before. Revision is recall and refreshing your brain on things you've forgotten, or confirming what you already know. Don't stress! There's still around a month until exams think how many exam questions you can do in that time (I'm not starting exam questions & past papers until May).
Reply 11
Obviously I won't finish revising all the content during the holiday as I go back to school on Wed the 24th April and there's toooo much content so I'm going to spend that remaining week back revising content and doing exam questions for my 2 exams in May.
I'm gonna try and do as many exam questions as possible. And oh okayyy phewww guess I'm 'revising' then as I'm just refreshing my brain on what I learnt previously but have forgotten.
Thank you & good luck!
Original post by idk01
I associate learning content with discovering/learning about something which I didn't know before. Revision is recall and refreshing your brain on things you've forgotten, or confirming what you already know. Don't stress! There's still around a month until exams think how many exam questions you can do in that time (I'm not starting exam questions & past papers until May).
Reply 12
haha I guess your naturally clever :P
Original post by SpacePatroFan189
I call BS. 99% of my revision is learning content and I've always done well academically.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending