The Student Room Group

Job searching

Why is it so hard to get a job even when you've got relevant experience? I left an administrator job in NHS and now trying to get another NHS admin job, but a higher band one. However, my applications keep getting declined (no interview invitations). And I've got a strong supporting statement.....please advise
I'd have a really thorough look at your supporting statement each and every time and ensure it's tailored to fit each new job you apply for perfectly. Perhaps if you use the same one each time it's too generic or not as strong as you think?
Thank you. Until recently i had been using the same one each time, but I have now improved it. Whether it makes a difference, we shall see...
Original post by Ridgerunner
I'd have a really thorough look at your supporting statement each and every time and ensure it's tailored to fit each new job you apply for perfectly. Perhaps if you use the same one each time it's too generic or not as strong as you think?
It should make a huge difference if you take the time to really relate it to the job description / person specification for each role.
Yes, but they are all quite similar and look for the same positive attributes and a good standard of education.
It should make a huge difference if you take the time to really relate it to the job description / person specification for each role.
Original post by R2497
Thank you. Until recently i had been using the same one each time, but I have now improved it. Whether it makes a difference, we shall see...

Each cover letter or supporting statement you write should be tailored to demonstrate why you want that particular job and exactly how you meet the criteria in the person spec/job description with examples. E.g. if a job asks for someone with strong communication skills, say- I have strong communication skills as demonstrated by the time I did xyz

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending