The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I am guessing you lot do the Personal Rule, what are the main topics i could use in an exam. So far I ve got: Financial (Ship Money), Religion (Laud), Wentworth (Ireland problems) has anyone got any other factors? :smile:
domestic policies- book of orders....

ummm personality charles was an absolutist innit...
but for charles you only need like 3 factors cos you need to do it in depth... at least that's what this full mark exam essay my teacher gave me said...:smile:
Reply 43
xxLilsiexx
but for charles you only need like 3 factors cos you need to do it in depth... at least that's what this full mark exam essay my teacher gave me said...:smile:

Yup thanks for that. Is there any chance you could scan it in? :redface: :smile:
02mik_e
Yup thanks for that. Is there any chance you could scan it in? :redface: :smile:

my scanner = dead to the world :frown:
but it is KQ2 so it is VERY unlikely to come up this year anyway.... sorry:frown:
say im writing an essay about KQ3- or the civil war.... like why parliament won it...
what can i include apart from: generals, finance, NMA- self denying ordinance, navy, specific battles, and alliance with the scots???? that doesnt feel like enough.....
Reply 46
xxLilsiexx
say im writing an essay about KQ3- or the civil war.... like why parliament won it...
what can i include apart from: generals, finance, NMA- self denying ordinance, navy, specific battles, and alliance with the scots???? that doesnt feel like enough.....

lol I ve got an A grade essay on this, i scan it in for you later, it's not mine, but a former student in the school who went to Oxford. Yes you would talk about specific battles. The main three are Nasby, Edgehill & Marston Moor. You would also compare Generals: Rupert (Royalist was not tactically astute) and Cromwell (Parliament) who was bascially the opposite. Talk about different forms of raising money: assessment tax, excise tax blah blah YES NMA as well. Most important talk about the geography. Charles had the west of English, which meant that he could not trade with the continenet and most importantly did not have london-the main economics centre where all the merchants were. Also County Magazine and stores. Parliament had one is London, was vital to their victory. Resources. and yeah that's all i can think of for now...:smile:, but I ll scan in that essay for you and post it up in a couple of mins/hours, but definitely by today :smile:
mike= god...thank you in advance... i'll give you rep when its up :smile: although my rep doesnt really mean anything :rolleyes:
Reply 48
ugh i am now nervous. i haven't done anywhere near as much revision as i should have. :frown:
mike please scan in that thing!
Reply 50
Thanks, i know all of the finanical problems + thorough, but i don't know the significance of strafford oh yeah I ve forgot i need to post up an essay on here :rolleyes:
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 51
lol as i was writing the message to -------- you were writing yours what a coincidence, yeah I ll do it now, ive just been a bit lazy over the past couple of hours :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)
lolz at life.... those notes are wrong finch!!!!
Reply 53
http://www.sendspace.com/file/u3e98s
http://www.sendspace.com/file/gncm0i

Hey here they are, sorry i didn't post it earlier for you :redface: How are you lot feeling about them? :smile:

EDIT: This was an essay we had self criticised in class, sorry to put my bad handwriting over it. The guy got a grade A for it, but there are quite a few things he missed out
lolz we know who you are :wink:
Reply 55
;console; what is KQ3? is that why parliament won the civil war? Also have you got any decent notes on the significance of Wentworth, my textbook does not give a lot of info on him. I know about Thorough & how he was hated in Ireland, but feared in England. That's about it really :confused:
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 56
Same to you & everyone, i hope Personal Rule comes up :biggrin:
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 57
I am pretty much screwed over. Personal Rule didn't not come up and i was blagging my way through the second question the the civil war, i actally don't know what i am going to do when i get my results :frown:
Reply 58
What did people think of the stalin questions?
I did the the first one about the NEP (cos i cbb to learn anything about the war :P) and I thought it was such a narrow question! I mean how to write a whole essay on it? :s
how did people find the questions on britain 1900 - 1918? or those around about those dates?

irish home rule and what not?

Latest

Trending

Trending