The Student Room Group

Business studies

Is anyone doing gcse business studies I recently have chosen this as my option for year 10 my parents however believe I shouldn’t do it because I won’t succeed in it not because I can’t to it but because business won’t help me becoming a doctor I wanted to do business as a back up in case I don’t get into medical school 😰but I still am going too , I was wondering what’s it like I thing I’m doing this exam board eduqas I’ve never heard of it
Here is my 2 cents.

1: You should remember it is your life, and not your parents. In the end you will have to do what you think is right.

2: You can become a millionaire business person without even getting a business degree, but you will never get the title of DR. without your education credentials.
Original post by Maira108
Is anyone doing gcse business studies I recently have chosen this as my option for year 10 my parents however believe I shouldn’t do it because I won’t succeed in it not because I can’t to it but because business won’t help me becoming a doctor I wanted to do business as a backup in case I don’t get into medical school 😰but I still am going too , I was wondering what’s it like I thinkg I’m doing this exam board eduqas I’ve never heard of it

GCSE Business Studies is designed for students finishing secondary school to learn skills for running a business, such as managing money, advertising and employing staff.
Hiya, I do Business IGCSEs and will be taking the exam in a few weeks. Honestly I really enjoy it, while you have to learn the terms and key words it's really just critical thinking and backing up your argument with references to the case study. It's a ton of writing in the actual exam too, so that's a bit stressful but otherwise in my experience it's been a really interesting subject. Perhaps just do a quick check of your syllabus and past papers and see if it's something you'll find interesting or doable. Business is just also a good subject to have an understanding on.

I think If you have a passion for it, are interested or just want to have a general idea for business as your back up option just explain that to your parents, ultimately they are the subjects you're choosing.

Much luck and hope this helped :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending