The Student Room Group

OCR GCSE Biology A B1-B3 and B7 Higher J247/03 - 14 May 2019 [Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

i put B cause insulin was low
Original post by Xgala
I'm pretty sure it's C ginal post by mxrytan)
I thought it was diffusion because in osmosis only the water particle move??
Original post by HamyHD1
I swear it was osmosis cuz it had a liquid inside the container....
what was the next part of the question after saying which is type 2 and why
Original post by olkapippin
It was amphibian, mum's a doctor and she said the chambers in the bird weren't connected but the chambers in an amphibian were connected so it was like a human's apparently. It was only 4 or 5 marks though.

are you sure?

amphibian had 3 chambers? bird had 4 like human.

its specific to mammals and birds which evolved differently to birds and fish with two atria and ventricles to improve the efficiency of double circulation. Plus after looking it up online I'm sure its the bird because for reptiles the 3 chamber system is less efficient so I'd check that?
i put B because the glucose levels didn't react to the insulin injected (the glucose levels carried on increasing)
I hope this is true because you've given me hope my friend
Original post by olkapippin
It was amphibian, mum's a doctor and she said the chambers in the bird weren't connected but the chambers in an amphibian were connected so it was like a human's apparently. It was only 4 or 5 marks though.
I put A as type 2 are resistant to insulin and c was type 1 as insulin had no effect at all.
Original post by magicmarkers
i put B because the glucose levels didn't react to the insulin injected (the glucose levels carried on increasing)

same
also the answer was progesterone and LH

ahhh I put oestrogen and progesterone big rip
If you're talking about the type 2 diabetes question then I'm pretty sure it was C
Original post by Laurence863
are you sure?

amphibian had 3 chambers? bird had 4 like human.

its specific to mammals and birds which evolved differently to birds and fish with two atria and ventricles to improve the efficiency of double circulation. Plus after looking it up online I'm sure its the bird because for reptiles the 3 chamber system is less efficient so I'd check that?

I've forgotten what I put, my mum actually might have said bird, I'm not sure but quite a lot of people in my year put amphibian. It definitely wasn't the other one though.
I think it was C because in type 2 the glucose AND the insulin levels both rise it's just that the glucose doesn't react to the increase in insulin
oh well its over now may as well start revising for english lit lol
i said bird coz there's a double circulatory system just like in humans, also if the black line represented deoxygenated blood and the white line represented oxygenated then it's exactly the same
lol I've been looking at the answers on here for ages, completely forgot about dear old Shakespeare
oh well its over now may as well start revising for english lit lol
im dreading jekyll and hyde :frown:
Reply 76
What did u guys get for the synapse question
I got 0.05!?!?!?
Original post by ratchet12345
what was the next part of the question after saying which is type 2 and why

can anyone remember the question
Original post by Who Even Am I?
I hope this is true because you've given me hope my friend

She changed her mind to bird :frown: I crossed off bird and then put amphibian. Now that is all i'm going to think about yay
i got like 0.488 didnt know if to round or not
Original post by HamyHD1
What did u guys get for the synapse question
I got 0.05!?!?!?

I mean 0.0488
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending