The Student Room Group

why they bully us

Why do they have to make it harder every year? The government complain about the number of homeless people yet they make it harder and harder to get the qualifications to get a job and make money and pay for rent.

Like jesus christ. Just make the exams easier. WE DONT NEED TO KNOW HOW TO DO PYTHAGORAS, ANALYSE ROMEO AND JULIET OR KNOW HOW TO MAKE PHOTOSYNTHESIS.

Scroll to see replies

Exams don't need to be easier. Students need to stop looking for shortcuts and just sit down and learn the material. If you're prepared for an exam it won't feel difficult.
(edited 4 years ago)
Yeah but they dont need to be harder either. 90% of jobs dont even require you to know almost all this stuff. Maybe English Language and some maths components but not plays, stories, geometry etc.

And it's not fair on anyone that has mental health issues because they are under so much pressure every year.
Original post by sinfonietta
Exams don't need to be easier. Students need to stop looking for shortcuts and just sit down and learn the material. If you're prepared for an exam it won't feel difficult.
Original post by Sepslither
Yeah but they dont need to be harder either. 90% of jobs dont even require you to know almost all this stuff. Maybe English Language and some maths components but not plays, stories, geometry etc.

And it's not fair on anyone that has mental health issues because they are under so much pressure every year.

I've mental health issues as well. What you do is persevere and refuse to let it hold you back.
I've mental health issues as well. What you do is persevere and refuse to let it hold you back.

It's not always that simple for everyone. I agree that it is complete ******** some of the stuff we're required to know.
I'll try, thank you. I asked to be moved seats but doubt they'll let me although i literally pass out when my anxiety gets too severe.
hunny love u xx
hm? xD
Original post by apspirei
hunny love u xx
I revised 6 hours of biology yesterday covering ALMOST anything and its bloody typical only 1 question was related to my revision.
Perhaps they bully you for your atrocious grammar.
Foundation. Was offered Higher as they tricked me and in the mocks they gave me a higher gcse paper and i got a grade 7 but refused still. I have no regrets.
Sorry if my grammar isn't decent enough for you. I'm trying to type fast as I ain't even allowed on here during school time.

Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Perhaps they bully you for your atrocious grammar.
It's not bullying, it's preparing you for the real world.
Oh so I need to know how to change the rate of reaction or how to understand poems?
Original post by Drewski
It's not bullying, it's preparing you for the real world.
You need maths to think logically and English is important for creative writing and essay writing which you will need for university and job applications. Either way you sound entitled especially when you talk about homeless people like why do yo care about something that doesn't effect you?

If we don't survive bullying now, we won't survive bullying at job level
Original post by AstronomyAustin
You need maths to think logically and English is important for creative writing and essay writing which you will need for university and job applications. Either way you sound entitled especially when you talk about homeless people like why do yo care about something that doesn't effect you?

Unlike you, I'm a bit of a caring person. It does affect me emotionally seeing some 16-20 year old kids homeless because i know a few around my area. Also first of all, I dont want to do university. Second of all, do I really need to write a story or a news article for a job application? Or analysing a text indepth?
Original post by monotony

Yeah but to be fair, we get paid for being bullied at job level xD And with jobs we can do something that we want to do. Let's be honest here. Who actually enjoys learning about 3 books, a cluster of poems, geometry, all that bs etc.
Original post by monotony

Actually you shouldn’t tolerate “bullying” at any level.
Oh so I need to know how to change the rate of reaction or how to understand poems?

You need to understand and be able to prove that you can take information in, digest it, understand it, and then answer questions on it in an intelligible way.

What you do that on is largely immaterial. But without that knowledge, you'll be useless in any working environment.
Unlike you, I'm a bit of a caring person. It does affect me emotionally seeing some 16-20 year old kids homeless because i know a few around my area. Also first of all, I dont want to do university. Second of all, do I really need to write a story or a news article for a job application? Or analysing a text indepth?

Yeah but to be fair, we get paid for being bullied at job level xD And with jobs we can do something that we want to do. Let's be honest here. Who actually enjoys learning about 3 books, a cluster of poems, geometry, all that bs etc.

Ya fair point. Poems can help us look around stuff more closely eh not all r bs tho lol
we get paid by getting into dream uni

Quick Reply

Latest